Set up Verizon Online Email with Outlook 2003
- Open Outlook.
- From the Tools menu, select Email Accounts.
- Select Add a new email account and then click Next.
- Select POP3, then click Next.
- Fill in your Internet email settings:
- In the Your Name field, type your full name.
- In the Email Address field, type your email address.
- Type pop.verizon.net in the Incoming mail (POP3) field.
- Type smtp.verizon.net in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field
- In the User name field, type your Verizon Online user name.
- In the Password field, type your password.
- Click the Remember password checkbox.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and click the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click OK.Tip: Click Test Account Settings to verify that you have configured your Verizon email settings correctly.
- Click Next and then Finish to close the window.
Updating Outlook 2003
- Open Outlook
- Select "Email Accounts" under the "Tools" menu
- Select "View or change existing e-email accounts
- Click "Next"
- Select your ‘incoming.verizon.net email account
- Click on "Change"
- Click on "more settings"
- Select the "advanced tab" and check the following settings
- Type pop.verizon.net in the Incoming mail (POP) field.
- The Incoming Server (POP3) should be set to 995.
- For Incoming mail (POP3), check the box that says "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)".
- Type smtp.verizon.net in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field.
- The Outgoing Server (SMTP) should be set to 465.
- For Outgoing mail (SMTP), check the box that says "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)".
- Klick "OK"
- You are done!
Please rate this page
Did You Know?
Want to setup your Verizon email account automatically?
Let the Verizon Troubleshooter handle it.