How to use this feature
When this feature is activated on both your TV and your set-top box, they will work together to display video from the same device and prevent encounters of a "blank" screen, "no signal" or “no video” message appearing on your TV.
This feature may have already been activated on your Fios set-top box. You can check if the feature is activated on your set-top boxes, by pressing the MENU button on your Fios remote and then selecting Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control > Enable.
If a check mark (√) appears next to Enable, the feature is activated on that set-top box and you will have the option of activating it on all of your set-top boxes at that time. Next, you must take the following steps to activate the feature on each TV:
- Make sure your set-top box is connected to your TV with a HDMI cable
- Use the remote that came with your TV (not the Fios TV remote) to access the Settings menu on your TV
- Locate the TV input control HDMI-CEC feature.
Note: This feature may use a different name depending on the manufacturer of your TV. Please visit their website for specific names or unique brand instructions.
- Enable or turn on the feature under Settings on your TV.
Once enabled, on both your set-top box and TV, your Fios remote will turn on the TV at the same time as the set-top box and ensure the video is displayed from your set-top box.
Quick reference setup steps for common TV brands
Not all TVs are compatible. Check with your TV manufacturer for specific instructions to activate this feature.
||Trade Name for HDMI-CEC
||Steps to Enable HDMI-CEC
- Press Home -> Settings -> General -> SIMPLINK
- Configure the SIMPLINK settings, changing any control options to [ON].
|Onkyo AV Receivers
||RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
- Press RCV on the Onkyo remote controller -> HOME -> Setup -> HDMI Setup
- Set [HDMI CEC (RIHD)] and [HDMI Through] to [On]
||HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link
- Press Menu button, navigate down and select Setup
- Select HDMI Control and set CEC Function and Power Off Link to On
- Press the Home button then select Setup → Installation → Preferences → EasyLink → [On]
|Pioneer Plasma Displays
- Press the Home Menu on the Pioneer remote then select Control Setup → Kuro Link Setting
- Set [Input Setting], [Power Off Control], [Power On Ready] and [Hold Sound Status] to [On]
- Press Home button
- Navigate down to Settings
- Select System
- Select Control other devices (CEC)
- Select 1-Touch Play and System Standby.
- Press Home → System → Expert Settings → Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) → [On]
- Press the Menu button and Navigate to the right, select Setup
- Select CEC Control and set Device Auto Power Off and TV Auto Power Off to On
|Sony Bravia Smart TV
- Press HOME, then select Settings → [Channels & Inputs] → [HDMI Settings]→ [Control for HDMI] → [On].
|Sony Playstation 4
||HDMI Device Link
- On your PS4, go to Settings in the top right
- Go to System settings near the bottom
- Check Enable HDMI Device Link.
||CE-Link or Regza Link
- Press Menu → Settings → Other Settings and set [CEC] and [CEC Auto PowerOn] to [On]
- Press Menu button
- Navigate down and select System or Settings
- Navigate down and select CEC
- Press OK on CEC and select On.