Log in to http://monitoringcontrol.verizon.com/ with your My Verizon User Name and password and select Modes from the top navigation. Select Create a New Mode. The Create a New Mode screen opens.
Step 1: Select Run Method
Identify when your camera will record activity.
From the Select Run Method tab, select one of the following options:
- Run on a Schedule: enable your mode on a specific date or time. This option is useful if you are on vacation or have someone arriving at your home at a specific time.
- Run when Triggered: enable your mode to run when something happens, such as a light turns on or a door lock is unlocked. Select the radio button next to the device that will trigger the mode.
- Run on Demand: your mode will remain "on standby" until you activate it manually from the Home Control Web site (via My Verizon), your smartphone (via the Home Control Mobile App) or FiOS TV (via the Home Monitoring and Control TV App).
Select Next to continue
Step 2: Select Devices
Select the device you want to use in your mode. When the mode is activated, these devices will run at the same time.
- From the Select Devices tab, use the side arrows to locate your device. Select the devices to include in your mode. click your devices. The device’s thumbnails are moved to the selection area on the screen.
- For each selected device, choose the run setting, such as "on" or "off".
- Click Next to continue.
Step 3: Name your Mode
Select a name for your mode.
- From the Name Your Mode tab, enter a name for your mode. This is the name that will be used when selecting to run the mode.
- Click Save & Next to save your mode's settings.
Step 4: Notifications (optional)
Select how you are notified when your mode is run.
- From the Notifications screen, select if you would like to notified via email and/or text message when your mode is run. The notification is sent to the email address or phone number listed in your notification settings. Note: Wireless service provider text or SMS fees may apply.
- Click Save & Next to continue. Click Skip if you do not want to setup notifications for your mode.
Step 5: Assign to Remote (optional)
- From the Assign to Remote screen, select one of the four numbered buttons on your Home Control Remote Control (not your FiOS TV remote control) that will run the mode immediately ("on-demand") when the button is pressed.
- Click Save & Close to complete your mode setup. Click Skip if you do not want to assign a remote control button for your mode.
Next Step: Use your mode
You’ll edit, activate and deactivate modes from the Home Monitoring and Control Web site (via My Verizon). You can also run modes from the Home Control mobile app or FiOS TV app.