- In the Logon Information area, enter your user name and password in the corresponding fields.
- Check the Remember password check box and click More Settings.
- From the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail and click OK.
Tip: Click Test Account Settings to verify that you have configured your email settings correctly.
- Select Next, then Finish.
Note: Please check with your email service provider for additional settings and configurations required by your account.
- Open Outlook.
- From the Tools menu, select Email Accounts.
- Select Add a new email account, then click Next.
- Select a server type:
- Microsoft Exchange Server - Post Office Protocol version 3
- POP3 - Post Office Protocol version 3
- IMAP - Internet Message Access Protocol
- HTTP - HyperText Transfer Protocol
- Additional Server Types - Post Office Protocol version 3
Note: Please refer to the Outlook 2002 Online Help or the Microsoft Outlook Knowledge Base at www.microsoft.com if configuring a Microsoft Exchange Server or Additional Server Types.
See Also: Configure or verify existing settings in Outlook 2002
What is POP3?