How do I check and configure my Verizon email settings in Outlook® 2002?
- Open Outlook.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
Select View or change existing
- Select the Verizon account in the Name window, then select Change.
Fill in your Internet
- In the Your Name field, type your full name.
- Type pop.verizon.net in the Incoming mail (POP3) field.
- The Incoming Server (POP3) should be set to 995.
- For Incoming mail (POP3), check the box that says “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”.
- Type smtp.verizon.net in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field.
- The Outgoing Server (SMTP) should be set to 465.
- For Outgoing mail (SMTP), check the box that says “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”.
- In the User name field, type your Verizon Online user name.
- In the Password field, type your password.
- Select More Settings.
- From the Outgoing Server tab, check the box: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail.
- Select OK, then select Next. Click Finish to close the window.