Reset Your Actiontec MI424WR RouterYou may be instructed by a Verizon technical support person to reset your modem in order to clear any existing properties. You may also have to reset your router to the factory defaults if you have forgotten your router user name or password.
- Note: Resetting your Actiontec router clears all of your home networking settings.
- With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The Actiontec router will automatically reboot itself.
- Wait 15 seconds before resuming setup.
- If you haven't changed your security settings from the default values listed on the sticker attached to the bottom of your router, no further action is required.
If you've changed your WEP security settings or strengthened your security by upgrading to WPA security, you will need to reconfigure your Actiontec MI424WR router to match the previous settings that were assigned to all the other devices on your wireless network. Otherwise, your router won't recognize the computers atand other devices connected to your network.