Before you begin: You’ll need your SSID, encryption key and Security Key Type (WPA or WEP). You can obtain this information one of three ways:
- Review the sticker on the back of your router. The sticker displays the SSID and encryption key information. By default routers are configured as WPA. You may have to choose WEP if the device you wish to connect is not accepting WPA mode.
- Use In-Home Agent to view your settings: You can access In-Home Agent on a PC that is already connected to Verizon Online. Within In-Home Agent, go to the Networking tab and select Retrieve SSID and WEP/WPA key.
- Log in to your router from a PC already connected to your FiOS network. The instructions you follow depend on the type of router you use to connect to Verizon FiOS.
To connect an HTC DROID Eris to your wireless home network:
- From the home screen, touch the Applications tab (located in the lower-left).
- Touch Settings. [Show Me]
- Touch Wireless controls. [Show Me]
- Touch Wi-Fi settings. [Show Me]
- Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled by confirming that the Mobile Network box is checked. [Show Me]
- Touch the name of the network you want to join.
- Enter the your network's security encryption key in the Wireless Password field and touch Connect.