You will connect your Motorola DROID A855 to your wireless network using the same principles you use for any other wireless device. You'll select the network you want to join and enter your network encryption key to access the network and the Internet.
Before you begin: You’ll need your SSID, encryption key and Security Key Type (WPA or WEP). You can obtain this information one of three ways:
- Review the sticker on the back of your router. The sticker displays the SSID and encryption key information. By default routers are configured as WPA. You may have to choose WEP if the device you wish to connect is not accepting WPA mode.
- Use In-Home Agent to view your settings: You can access In-Home Agent on a PC that is already connected to Verizon Online. Within In-Home Agent, go to the Networking tab and select Retrieve SSID and WEP/WPA key.
- Log in to your router from a PC already connected to your FiOS network. The instructions you follow depend on the type of router you use to connect to Verizon FiOS.
To connect a Motorola DROID A855 to your wireless network:
- From the home screen, touch the Applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
- Touch Settings. [Show Me]
- Touch Wireless & networks. [Show Me]
- Touch Wi-Fi settings. [Show Me]
- Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled by confirming the Wi-Fi box is checked. [Show Me]