Connecting a Motorola DROID 2 to your wireless network Before you begin: You’ll need your SSID, encryption key and Security Key Type (WPA or WEP). You can obtain this information one of three ways:
- Review the sticker on the back of your router. The sticker displays the SSID and encryption key information. By default routers are configured as WPA. You may have to choose WEP if the device you wish to connect is not accepting WPA mode.
- Use In-Home Agent to view your settings: You can access In-Home Agent on a PC that is already connected to Verizon Online. Within In-Home Agent, go to the Networking tab and select Retrieve SSID and WEP/WPA key.
- Log in to your router from a PC already connected to your FiOS network. The instructions you follow depend on the type of router you use to connect to Verizon FiOS.
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings. You may have to scroll to find the Settings icon.
- Tap Wireless & Networks.
- Turn Wi-Fi on by tapping the Wi-Fi check box.
- After your phone scans for available networks, tap Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap the network you want to join from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.