Selecting the type of network encryption
- Click Advanced Security Settings in the left navigation panel.
- Select WPA in the Stations Security Type field.
- Confirm that Pre-Shared Key is selected in the Authentication Method field.
- Select the format for entering your WPA encryption key. You can enter your WPA encryption key in ASCII (combination of numbers and letters) or hexadecimal (combination of numbers 0 - 9 and letters A - F) format.
- Note: You may want to use the ASCII format because you can choose a phrase that's easier to remember. For example, you could enter "EnjoySummerBe4Its2L8" as your encryption key if you're using the ASCII format.
- If you use the hexadecimal format, your encryption key must be 64 characters long.
- If you use ASCII format, your encryption key must be between 8 and 63 characters long.