Connecting additional computers to your wireless home network
There are two options for connecting additional computers to your home network.
- Create a completely wireless network by installing and configuring wireless network adapters for each computer.
- Create a combination wired/wireless home network by connecting any computers that are close to your router with Ethernet cable. Then install wireless network adapters to connect notebook computers or computers that are farther away from the router.
Completely Wireless Home Network
- No wires to clutter your work space
- Provides the most flexibility, especially for notebook computers
- Requires purchasing a wireless network adapter for each additional computer
- Faster data flow and more security from hackers for the computers connected by Ethernet cable
- Less expensive. Computers close to the router and connected by Ethernet cable use a network interface card that is much less expensive than a wireless network adapter
- Easier installation for computers connected by Ethernet cable