Finding your D-Link home network's SSID You can return to your D-Link router configuration settings to ensure that you enter the correct information when adding other computers to your home network. You will need your network's SSID and WEP key information when configuring the network adapters on the additional computers.
- Open your Web browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the Address field.
- Click the Wireless button in the left pane. The required SSID and WEP key information is included on this screen.
- Note the entry in the SSID field.
- Note the level of encryption in the WEP Encryption field.
- Look at the Key field (1 - 4) where you entered your WEP encryption key. You probably entered the WEP key in ASCII format to simplify the entry. If so, change the Key Type field to Hex. The entry in the key field will change to display only numbers and letters
A - F,which is the Hex format. [Show Me]
- Note: When you enter the WEP key for the wireless adapters, you must enter it in HEX format.