Resetting your D-Link Router to the factory default settings You may be instructed by a Verizon technical support person to reset your router in order to clear any existing properties. You may also have to reset your router to the factory defaults if you have forgotten your router user name or password.
- Note: Resetting your D-Link router to the factory defaults will clear all your home networking settings.
- With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The D-Link router will automatically reboot itself.
- Wait 15 seconds before resuming setup.
- Your D-Link router is now using the default settings for the network configuration. This includes the default SSID and WEP encryption key. You must re-configure your D-Link router to match the previous settings that were assigned to all the other devices on your wireless network. Otherwise, no other network devices will be recognized.