Resetting your D-Link DI-604 router to the factory defaultsIf you have forgotten your router's user name or password, you must reset the router to the factory settings to access the configuration utility. You can't update any security settings unless you know the user name and password and can access the router's configuration utility.
- Note: Resetting your router to the factory defaults not only changes your router user name and password to the factory default values, but it also deletes all your home network settings. This includes the SSID and WEP key. After you reset your router to the factory defaults, your home network won't be accessible until you reconfigure your router and all your network devices to use the same SSID and WEP key.
To reset your D-Link DI-604 router:
- With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The D-Link router will automatically reboot itself.
- Wait 15 seconds before resuming setup.
- Your router returns to the defaults of "admin" as the User Name and the Password field should be left blank.