High Speed Internet
Linksys BFSR41W Router Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- Make sure that the computer and the router are powered on, and that the power light on the router is on.
- Check all physical connections between the router and other equipment.
- Confirm that the Link light for each of your hardware connections is on (green).
- Make sure that all the PCs on your network have unique PC names, and the same workgroup name.
- Make sure that network cabling is away from power outlets, florescent lighting fixtures, uninterruptible power supplies, and other sources of strong electromagnetic interference.
- If all else fails, reset router to factory default settings.
- Put a pen or something small enough to go through the hole labeled "Reset" on the front of the router.
- Hold down the Reset button for 3 seconds or until the red Diag light comes on.
- Restart your computer.
- If playing games like Quake or Battle.net, port 27960 must be opened in the router's advanced feature.
- For more information, refer to the User Guide on the Linksys Setup Utility CD.
EtherFast DSL Router - back view
- WAN - Connect your modem to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- Ports 1-4 - Connect other computers to your network using these ports.
- Uplink - Connect to additional hub for additional ports.
Note: The Uplink port and Port #1 cannot be used simultaneously.
- Power - Plug the power cord into this jack.