Terms and Conditions
VERIZON TRADE-IN PROGRAM
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
These terms apply whether I am trading in one (1) or multiple devices in the same transaction in exchange for trade–in credit(s), the amount of which is based on either the market value of my device(s) at the time I created the trade–in order, or promo value, if applicable, to my trade–in order at the time it was created.
General Rules (applicable to all trade–ins)
It's my responsibility, before I ship my device(s) to Verizon, to:
- delete all personal info & data, including pictures ("Content")
- remove & retain all accessories, such as memory or SIM cards ("Cards")
- "Unlock" my device by disabling/turning off all password&ndashs;protected security features (e.g., Find My iPhone or Kill Switch)
- remove a damaged battery (to the extent it is removable) & dispose of it properly. Note: if the battery is damaged & not removable, your device is not eligible for trade in.
Need help? Click here for our Trade&In user guide (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-recycle-device/).
I understand that I will not be eligible to receive any trade–in credit(s) for my device(s) if:
- the make, model &/or condition of the shipped device(s) doesn't match what I described when I completed my trade–in order(s)
- I didn't ship my device(s) using the Verizon–provided label or shipping kit
- my device(s) never arrived at Verizon
- my device(s) arrived at Verizon more than thirty (30) days after I completed my trade–in order(s)
- my device(s) are not Unlocked
- my device is a 4G Prepaid Phone in the Box that has not had at least one (1) monthly payment of Verizon service
- my device is a 3G Prepaid Phone is the Box that has not been active on Verizon Service for at least six (6) months
- Verizon determines that my device(s) was reported as lost or stolen, purchased with government funds, or constitutes government property
I also understand that if I don't delete Content or remove the Card(s) when I submit my device(s) to Verizon, the Card(s) will not be returned to me & any Content cannot be recovered.
Special Rules (applicable to a trade–in eligible for promo value)
In addition to the General Rules above, if my trade–in credit(s) are based on promo value, I understand that I will not be eligible to receive any trade–in credit(s) for my device(s) if:
- I don't satisfy the conditions associated with the promotion under which I created my trade–in order, such as maintaining active postpaid Verizon service on my new device(s) for a minimum number of months or changing to an ineligible Verizon service plan, or
- I return or exchange the device(s) that was required to be eligible for the promo value
How & when do I get my trade–in credit(s)?
Trade–in credit(s) based on market value will be issued, within two (2) weeks after Verizon receives your device(s) and validates make/model, eligibility & condition, in the form of a Verizon electronic gift card, unless you are a Verizon customer logged in to your wireless account when the trade–in order is created, in which case you may request that the trade–in credit(s) be applied as a one (1) time bill credit on your Verizon account. Verizon electronic gift card is issued in the name of the person identified in the trade–in order submission and emailed to the address provided. See Verizon [https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/gift-cards/] for current terms and conditions applicable to Verizon gift cards.
Trade–in credit(s) based on promo value will be applied, within two (2) weeks after Verizon receives your device(s) and validates make/model, eligibility & condition, in accordance with the applicable promotion, (i.e., a recurring bill credit on your Verizon account for the number of months specified in the applicable promotion, a one (1) time bill credit on your Verizon account or a Verizon electronic gift card). Trade–in credit(s) based on promo value are subject to reversal if I don't comply with the Special Rules.