Perhaps no other group enjoys the public trust more than frontline workers. It’s a given that when disaster strikes or threatening situations arise, public safety workers can be counted on to respond quickly and reliably.
But how effective that response is depends on a different kind of reliability: the reliability of the technology that first responders and others on the front line use to get the job done.
Reliability tops the wish list for first responders.
A survey1 of first responders by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) found that when it comes to communications technology, reliability was among their top concerns. These vital public safety personnel want communications “to be more reliable, more usable and interoperable.”
Verizon Frontline: Built for superior reliability.
The results of this study reaffirm what we’ve known for years at Verizon: When it comes to wireless communications, reliability is king. After all, we’ve spent nearly three decades working in close partnership with public safety agencies at all levels, which gives us a unique understanding of their missions and how we can help them achieve their objectives. Verizon Frontline, the advanced network and technology, is built specifically for first responders, frontline workers and other public safety professionals.
It combines the reliability of the award-winning Verizon network with solutions and innovations that can help significantly expand the capabilities of first responders. Here are just some of the reasons why you can rely on Verizon Frontline:
Verizon Frontline is built on America’s most reliable 5G network.2
Verizon built its network with redundancy, diverse transports, and battery and satellite backups to help ensure that vital communications and data get through when frontline workers need it most. J.D. Power has recognized Verizon with more than 175 J.D. Power Awards for Network Quality by Consumers over the last 18 years.3
Reliability requires exceptional coverage.
Verizon has created an unrivaled 4G LTE network and is leading 5G innovation. The Verizon 4G LTE network covers 327 million people—more than 99% of the U.S. population— and over 2.68 million square miles.4
Verizon is the #1 network in public safety.5
Verizon Frontline keeps crisis teams connected, communicating and collaborating. We’ve made a decades-long commitment to supporting the needs of public safety, investing billions in an advanced network infrastructure that can aid these vital agencies. Verizon has been the #1 network in public safety 23 times in a row.5 This demonstrates the confidence first responders have in the quality of the Verizon network.
Verizon Frontline is resilient.
Verizon protects mission-critical communications even when commercial power is lost. For example, 78% of Verizon macrocell sites across the U.S. have permanent generators, while 100% have battery backup. Verizon builds its network structures in hurricane-prone areas to withstand Category 5 winds.
Advanced support helps to ensure reliability.
Through our Verizon Response Team, we provide extensive support capabilities tailored to the special needs of frontline workers, including 24/7 customer support. In 2021, the Verizon Response Team responded to the COVID-19 pandemic, wildfires, hurricanes and other emergencies—totaling over 1,000 engagements, and nearly 9,000 devices loaned to first responders.
Reliability is a marathon, not a sprint.
Any first responder understands that when seconds matter, reliable communications help protect communities and save lives. To maximize reliability, we’ve made a serious investment in our network infrastructure and ongoing innovation—year after year. We understand that it’s mission-critical that a network be built right. Our advanced network and technology can deliver the reliability that first responders want and need. Verizon Frontline. Built right for first responders.
- “Voices of First Responders—Nationwide Public Safety Communication Survey Findings,” NIST, August 2020. https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/ir/2020/NIST.IR.8314.pdf
- 5G Ultra Wideband available in select areas. Most reliable 5G network based on more first place rankings in RootMetrics® 5G data reliability assessments of 125 metro markets conducted in 2H 2021. Tested with best commercially available smartphones on three national mobile networks across all available network types, excluding C-band. Your experiences may vary. RootMetrics rankings are not an endorsement of Verizon.
- Verizon received the highest number of awards in network quality for the 28th time as compared to all other brands in the J.D. Power 2003-2021 Volume 1 and 2 and 2022 Volume 1 U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Studies. Network Quality measures non-enterprise customers’ satisfaction with their network performance with wireless carriers. For J.D. Power 2022 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards for more details.
- Based on 9.15.2019 U.S. Census population data.
- Based on quarterly third-party market share data Q3 2021.