Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
App issues on Android™ devices - March 22-23, 2021
If you're an Android user having issues with your apps crashing, Google has fixed the problem with updates to Chrome and Webview.
To benefit you'll need to update both these apps on your Android devices. To do that:
- Open the Play™ Store app.
- Search for Google Chrome.
- Select Update.
- Repeat these steps to to update the Android System WebView app and then restart your device.
Note: We do not recommend manually uninstalling updates to WebView. It may result in loss of data from some apps.
Additional steps may be required:
In some rare cases in Android 10 or 11, a manual update of WebView or Chrome may fail to complete. Here are additional steps users can take to resolve the issue:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications > Google Play Store > Storage & cache > Clear Data
Please note that doing this will clear some of your Play Store settings like parental controls, auto-update preferences, etc. Please recheck these settings after following these steps.
- Repeat the steps above to update WebView and Chrome.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.