Trade in your
It’s safer, smarter and easier than you think.
How to trade in your device:
Tell us about the device
you would like to trade in.
Be sure to back up your
content and clear your data.
Mail your old device to us
within 15 days.
We’ll apply your credit once
we receive your device.
We've got your
Simple and easy.
Trade in your old phone, smartwatchor tablet in four simple steps.
We follow strict federal guidelines to makesure your old device is completely erased.
Get all the credit.
Reap the rewards and apply thevalue of your trade-in to an upgrade.
Recycle your old device and help reducee-waste, so the environment wins.
If you’ve already started your trade-in, you can track
your status—every step of the way.
We've got answers.
How do I clear personal information and content from my device before trading it in?
Find instructions for clearing your specific mobile device on our Device Support Overview pages. You'll also get an email with instructions after you submit your trade-in.
I changed my mind, can I get my old device back?
Device trade-ins are final. After you accept the trade-in credit and send us your device you can't get the device back.
What types of devices can I trade in?
You can trade in these devices:
- Basic phones
- Mobile hotspot devices
- 3G prepaid phones that have been active for at least 6 months
- 4G prepaid phones that have been activated and at least the first month payment has been made
We don't accept these devices for trade in:
- Vehicle Diagnostics or Delphi Connect
- Samsung Galaxy Camera®
- Other connected devices
For more information, visit our Device Trade-in Program Terms & Conditions.
What trade-in promotions does Verizon have right now?
See all current Verizon deals.
How do I check my device's IMEI?
To find your IMEI on your device if you’re a Verizon customer:
- Go to the My Devices page in My Verizon.
- Tap or click Manage Device next to the device you want to view. Your Device ID and IMEI are listed under the Device Information section.
If your device has a removable battery, the IMEI will also be located under the battery.
If you're not a Verizon customer:
- Android devices: Settings > About Phone
- iOS devices: Settings > General > About
- Basic Phones: Tools & Settings > About Phone > Status
How do I trade in a device if I'm a business customer?
Visit our Device Trade-In for Business Program Guide to learn how to trade in your device.