Set up your email software with your Verizon email account settings
Get help setting up your Verizon Online Email account in email software. Select to set up your email software automatically or use step-by-step instructions.
Please Note: Verizon has recently updated our email client settings to improve security. Please review the settings below to verify that your email software client (e.g. Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) has the most recent configuration.
Before you begin:
You'll need the following settings:
- Your MyVerizon User ID and Password
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
- Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
- Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465
- Make sure SSL encryption is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
Note: If you are an HSI (DSL) customer with a Westell or Actiontec modem (except Actiontec GT784WG) and using its firewall, you may need to turn your firewall settings to Low for new email settings to work.
Try an Automatic Solution
Manage email settings and fix email issues fast with Verizon Troubleshooter.
Step-by-Step Instructions for account setups and updates
If your email software is not listed here, please refer to your software documentation for instructions.
Did You Know?
Want to setup your Verizon email account automatically?
Let the Verizon Troubleshooter handle it.