Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Pixel™ XL, Phone by Google Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 36
Release date: 09/03/2019
Android Security Patch Level: September 1, 2019
Software Version: QP1A.190711.020
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your Google Pixel XL, Android 10. Android 10 improves your mobile experience with several new features and enhancements. This update also includes the latest Android security updates and performance enhancements.
Dark mode is a system wide dark theme. Once activated it works for all of Android and any 3rd party apps that are compatible. Most Google apps will be Dark Theme compatible. It may reduce power usage by a significant amount, but improves visibility for users with low vision and those who are sensitive to bright light. It also makes it easier for anyone to use a device in a low-light environment.
To Activate: in Settings > Display > Dark Theme or via enabling Battery Saver model
Wi-Fi Easy Connect
Android 10 will support the latest standard of the Wi-Fi Alliance for "Easy Connect," allowing credentials to be shared over QR codes, Bluetooth® LE, and NFC.
- This allows you to keep a secure Wi-Fi password but makes credential sharing with trusted parties easier.
- How will it work? You can share your Wi-Fi credentials via QR code:
- To generate a QR code, simply open the Wi-Fi settings and tap on the current network. The "Share" button pulls up the code, but you have to authenticate with your lock screen password or fingerprint first.
- To scan a code, tap the button on the far right of the "Add Network" line in the Wi-Fi settings.
- Smart Reply helps save you time by offering suggested responses directly within notifications.
- In Android 10, Smart Reply now works across all messaging apps with no user input leaving the device, protecting your privacy.
- Smart Reply now also suggests actions, such as opening an address in Google Maps to save even more time.
Android 10 now has a single Privacy setting, which brings together important settings like Ad Settings, Web & App Activity, and Location History all in one place.
New Privacy Recommendations in Google Play Protect
Google Play Protect will send users a one-time notification if an app accesses data no longer permitted by the Google Play Developer policies. It will also give you the option to uninstall an app which may be identified as harmful.
Better Location controls
- Android 10 gives you more control over how you choose to share your location with apps.
- You can choose to share your location with an app only when it is in use; for example, when navigating or calling a ride share.
- If you do give an app all-the-time access, you will get a helpful reminder that an app is accessing your location while not in use from time to time.
- You will now also be able to view apps which recently accessed your location as well as review the current location access granted to apps.
Users will have up to three different location permission options to grant to apps requesting location data:
- Allow all the time - Gives an app access to location regardless of whether you are using it or not
- Allow only when the app is in use - Gives the app access to location only when the app is in use
- Deny - The app will not be granted permission to collect and use device location
Location Permission Reminders
A reminder will be given to users sometime after "Allow all the time" permission has been granted.
Next steps and additional links
Pixel and Google are trademarks of Google Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.