Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
LG WING™ 5G Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the mandatory software update for your device, this page contains the following information:
- Software Update Instructions - User initiated over the air (OTA)
- Software Update Instructions - Server initiated OTA
- Updating while roaming
- Insufficient device memory alert
- Battery life expectations after a major software update
User initiated OTA
To start the download:
- Start on the Home screen by tapping the Menu Key
- Tap Settings
- Tap About Phone
- Tap Software updates
- Tap Check for Update
- Tap Download Now
When download is complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed.
Tap Install Now.
The device will power down and restart. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
Server initiated OTA
Once a new software version is available for your device, it'll begin downloading in the background.
When the download is complete, you'll be notified that it is ready to be installed.
Tap Install Now and the device will power down and restart. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
To check your software version from the home screen:
- Tap Menu
- Tap Settings
- Tap About Phone
Updating while roaming
You won't receive a software update notice if you're roaming. You'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi to update your device while roaming.
To enable Wi-Fi on your device, go to Settings under Wireless & Networks and tap Wi-Fi ON to enable (if not already enabled).
Tap Wi-Fi to view and select a Wi-Fi network.
Once you're connected, an update notification will appear on your device. If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen, though this only means the software didn't install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery, and power your device back on. The device will restart with the original software and will prompt you once again to install the software update.
Insufficient Device Memory
Due to changes in the Lollipop OS, you'll need sufficient reserved memory for a software upgrade. If you don't have enough user memory, a Low Memory pop-up screen will be shown until you free up enough memory. Eliminating unused apps, and clearing videos or photos can help free up device memory. If you dismiss the notification and have not cleared space after 24 hours, a pre-update message will pop up again until you free up the memory necessary to perform the software update.
Battery life expectations after a major software update:
- The application memory may have to be optimized. This can take time and cause the device to temporarily use more battery while the optimization is in progress.
- Downloaded apps may not be optimized, as app developers don't immediately update their apps to support new versions of the OS. This may result in higher than normal battery drain, and in some cases device sluggishness, until apps are updated or removed.
- It can take 2 to 3 days for the device's battery life to normalize.
Software Upgrade Assistant Tool
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 2
Release date: 12/30/2020
Android Security Patch Level: November 2020
Software Version: F100VM10d
This software update includes fundamental application updates and the latest Android security patches.
Second screen – Home screen Update
App/widget/folder names are now displayed on the second Home Screen.
- Previously, apps names were not displayed due to spacing limitations on the second home screen. With this update, the names are displayed as in conventional home screens.
- Apps with similar app icons, contact widgets, and shortcuts are easily distinguished.
Second screen – Show app on different screen
When you want to see something on the larger screen:
- You can now send an app on the second screen to the main screen or fetch an app from the main screen to the second screen.
- Select the Fetch or Send button from the quick settings on the second screen or swipe with three fingers on the screen that shows the app you want to move.
- The Restart app button is provided for 5 seconds on the bottom right in case the content of the moved app is not fully displayed. This excludes the LG apps which are optimized.
Camera – Scan QR code
When you want to scan a QR code, just open the Camera.
- When you need to scan a QR code, just open the Camera app and hold your phone over it.
- Make sure that the feature is turned on in the settings.
Setup Wizard screen for Wi-Fi
Skipping the Wi-Fi menu in Setup Wizard will show the screen below.
- Mobile network usage for Setup Wizard completion.
Idle State Icon Color Update
Updates the 5G icon’s color from gray to white.
Added extra default wallpaper selection.
- Black rising color – Default 2
Camera – Quick Preview Bubble Guide
Bubble guide has been added for quick preview in camera mode.
- Bubble guide prompts you to “Touch and hold this thumbnail to preview the photo you’ve taken”.
Media Control will now be shown on the second screen.
- The image below is shown only as an example.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer LG smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
WING is a trademark of LG Electronics, Inc. LG and the LG logo are registered trademarks of LG Corp.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.