Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 5G Software Update
Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 11
Release date: 04/29/2022
Android™ Security Patch Level: April 2022
Software Version: SP1A.210812.016.T878USQU2CVD1
This software update introduces One UI 4.1, with new features such as Quick Share, My Files, Device Search, and Camera and Gallery enhancements. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- The option to "include all image and video data" has been added.
- Supports retrieving text within documents (Word, PDF, PPT, Excel, txt).
Device Search (Finder)
- Shows search results in YouTube and provides links.
- Hide unwanted search results by long key pressing.
- Suggests predictive text based on the text history from various apps.
- Suggests more compelling content with AI recommendations.
- Detail view supports 360 degrees of light direction and intensity when post-adjusting for portrait mode.
- Video suggested edits - “Highlights” crop out highlight moments and puts them together in the order of importance based on highlight moment priority score.
- A broader range of background music and 16 new items have been added to the highlight detection engine.
- Open another app on your phone and keep your shared content on the other screen by selecting App cast under Smart View options.
- If the Smart View option is minimized, open it by selecting the floating icon to access Smart View options.
- Enhances the quality of high-resolution photos.
- Provides higher zoom levels.
- Stores original files of the Director's view.
- Extends the recording time and adds multi-recording for SingleTake.
- Adjusts the popup window for Picture in Picture Director's view.
- Supports landscape mode.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the software update for your Samsung device, this page contains the following information:
- Wi-Fi Only Over The Air (OTA) Programming
- Server-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- User-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- Software Update while Roaming
Note: Estimated software download time is 6-10 minutes. Estimated software update time is 6-10 minutes.
Wi-Fi Only OTA Programming - Wi-Fi Exclusive Update
If Wi-Fi is enabled and your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your device will be able to receive and download new software updates.
- The download will take place when the device is in Wi-Fi coverage, but coverage does not need to be consistent. You can use multiple Wi-Fi networks and disconnect from/reconnect to Wi-Fi, and the update will continue to download from where it left off until complete.
- When the download is complete, you'll receive a notification that there's a new software update available for installation. Tap Install Now to continue with installation. The device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
You've successfully updated your software.
Server-Initiated Software Update
You'll be notified on your device that a software update is available.
- Select Install now and your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin. Tap OK to begin the installation.
Note: If you choose Defer, this will delay installation and you'll be taken back to the Home screen. The software update message will appear periodically until you install the update.
- After you've received first notification of the software update, you can manually initiate by going to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > Software updates. Under System updates, tap Restart & install to install the update. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the device will power off and then back on again.
You've successfully updated your software.
User-Initiated Software Update
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You've successfully updated your software.
System Update while Roaming
If you're roaming, you won't receive a software update notice. To update, you'll need to either enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or manually update by going to Home > Application > Settings > About device > Software updates.
To enable Wi-Fi:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- To connect to an available Wi-Fi network, select Wi-Fi settings and select an available Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen. However, this only means the software didn't install properly. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you again to install the software update.
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 9
Release date: 01/12/2022
Android Security Patch Level: December 2021
Software Version: SP1A.210812.016.T878USQU2CUL8
This software update brings the latest Android OS 12 and One UI 4.0, with new features, privacy settings, and more.
The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
Android OS 12 Update
Android OS 12 offers some of the newest ways to control your privacy, customize your phone, and get things done. It's Android, just the way you want it.
When you select from featured and downloaded wallpapers, you can select different device color themes based on your wallpaper colors. From Settings, go to Wallpaper > Color theme > select your favorite color theme > Done.
Take control of your privacy with the new Privacy Dashboard, Permission Controls, and Camera/Microphone Indicator.
- Privacy Dashboard - Lets you easily view which apps are accessing your permissions. Then you can use the permission manager to enable/disable apps from accessing these.
- Camera/Microphone Indicator - Whenever your phone is recording audio/video, a green icon will appear in the top right informing you if your camera or microphone is being used. This helps to ensure you're only recording when you want to.
Camera app now has a simpler, improved layout for Main and Pro modes.
- Advanced Quick Take - When using the Camera, you can hold the Shutter button to record video (Quick Take). Now you can lock the Quick Take for hands-free recording.
In Samsung Gallery, you can now mix both photos and videos using Video Collages. From Gallery > Select the More icon (3 dots) > Create > Collage.
Home screen widgets are redesigned for better visibility and ease of use. The new widget list gives you more information at a glance, and lets you personalize and decorate your home screen. You will also see recommended widgets to help your daily routine.
- Weather widget: A dynamic weather widget that changes background color based on the weather or time.
- Lock screen widgets: Have been improved for more flexible usage.
- Calendar widget: Added monthly view for "Today's schedule" in widget settings.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer Samsung tablet. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
© 2022 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Galaxy Tab are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.