Set up the Energy Reader
The “Energy Reader” is a low-cost energy meter for the entire home and reports real-time energy usage over a period of time. It allows you to easily see the effect of turning down power-hungry air conditioners, or unplugging unused equipment.
Note: We recommend that you consult a professional HVAC service to install the Smart Thermostat.
Installation and Setup
- Install the Energy Reader Important: Do not attempt installation if you are not an electrician. Verizon recommends that a licensed HVAC serviceor electrician perform this installation.
- Set up and activate the Energy Reader from the Setup Wizard. You'll add the Energy Reader to your Home Monitoring and Control network and begin monitoring your energy usage remotely.
- Make sure the Energy Reader is properly powered by checking the AC adaptor.
- When pairing the Energy Reader to your Home Control Network, the Remote Control and the Gateway Device should be within 5 feet from the Energy Reader.
- The pairing process must be completed within 30 seconds..The Energy Reader also appears as an "active" device on the Home Monitoring and Control Web site (accessible via My Verizon).
If you took longer than 30 seconds and the power button is blinking (and not solid red), repeat the pairing steps outlined in the Setup Wizard.
Energy Reader ____________________ What's Next?Create Modes Monitor Energy Usage Need Help?Troubleshooting Tips ____________________