Remotely monitor and change your home's temperature right from your computer, compatible smartphone or FiOS TV. Closely monitoring the Smart Thermostats in your home helps saves you energy and money over time.
Access the Smart Thermostat
There are three ways ways to access your Smart Thermostat remotely: From the Home Monitoring Control Web site via My Verizon, Home Control mobile app or FiOS TV.
Change the Smart Thermostat's Temperature Remotely
| From my...||Action|
From the Home Monitoring and Control Web site:
From the Smart Thermostat's Device Settings:
1.Select the Mode tab and set your HVAC system to Heat, Cool, or Auto from the drop-down menu.
2.From the Temperature tab, select the small orange or blue arrow to adjust the setpoint setting to the desired temperature. Your Heating or Cooling system will start when the temperature falls below (for heating) or rises above (for cooling) the setpoint value.
3.Optionally, select the Schedule tab (next to “Temperature”) to select the Preset Energy Star Schedule or to set up / modify your own Custom Personal Schedule to automatically control your temperature settings throughout the day.
4.If you selected the Schedule tab in step 3, modify the schedule as desired. For example, you could schedule the Heating and/or Cooling system to cycle on at 3:00 PM during the day if the temperature rises above 81 degrees or falls below 66 degrees.
5.When finished, select the Save Changes button to save your settings.
From the Home Control mobile app:
On the Thermostats screen:
1. Tap the Smart Thermostat and review the current room temperature and temperature setpoint(s). The "setpoint" temperature is the desired heating or cooling temperature that you specified for the HVAC system.
2. Tap Heat, Cool, or Auto to set your HVAC system to the desired operating mode.
3. Tap the up or down arrow to increase or decrease the temperature as desired.
On the Thermostat panel:
1. Using the FIOS TV remote, press OK to change your temperature setpoint. The "setpoint" temperature is the desired temperature that you specified for the HVAC system.
2. From the Mode menu, use the up or down arrow to select Cool, Heat, or Auto.
3. Use the right or left arrow to increase or decrease the temperature as desired.
4. To save the change, press OK.
Note: The thermostats listed in FiOS TV were set up and activated from the Home Monitoring and Control Web site.
Create Modes | Monitor Energy Usage | General Help | Troubleshooting