of reviewers recommend this product.
most underwhelming phone offered with so-called 5G service.
No5G_again · 10 days ago
These Pixel 6 phones are garbage. The Google Tensor chip is mediocre at best. The 5G antenna on these is laughably bad, except nobody is laughing. Every single person I know (I work for a software development company and we're heavy into Android development) has moved on from the Pixel/Google design house to better things. I have yet to experience 5G where I live, 10 minutes away from Richmond VA despite a big old Verizon 5G tower in line-of-sight from my home (about 1400 yards). I've yet to get 5G. When I am in an area supersaturated with 5G, such as Carytown in Richmond VA, I get 1 bar of 5G. My wife's best friend gets a maxed-out signal on her 5G Galaxy 10. My bro-in-law's iDevice is also maxed out. Utterly baffling Verizon charges so much for such a royal piece of garbage. And yeah, we're all stuck with VXW because no other provide even projects a signal in my neighborhood. The 5G on the Pixel6 is junk. the Bluetooth forgets 90% of devices, the OS is buggy as heck DESPITE Android being a Google project. I had to move to the Android Beta just so I could actually use my phone without constant crashing. The lone redeeming factor on these electronic devices is the ability of the camera software. My old OnePlus phones (6, 7, 8) all took better pictures, had always-functional fingerprint scanners, and even had face recognition- items Google cannot seem to make work properly. Maybe they should hire some actual developers and software engineers, not boot-camp superheroes with tons of certs and absolutely ZERO skill. IF you're on the fence about buying one of these, do yourself a favor and buy a Galaxy or something from a company that makes good phones. The last good Pixel was the 3, and with all the news coming out about defective Pixel 7 camera glass shattering, all I can say is if you buy a Pixel, you deserve whatever headaches they cause.
· 1 month ago
- Compared to main rear camera on Pixel 5.
- Magic Eraser may not work on all image elements.
- Maximum battery life based on testing using a mix of talk, data, standby, and use of other features. Battery life depends upon many factors and usage of certain features will decrease battery life.Battery testing conducted by a third party in California in mid 2021 on pre-production hardware and software, using default settings. Battery testing conducted using two major carrier networks using Sub-6 GHz non-standalone 5G (ENDC) connectivity. Actual battery life may be lower.
- Not available in all languages or countries. Not available on all media or apps. See g.co/pixel/livetranslate for more details.
- Android security updates for at least 5 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store in the US. Store in the US. See g.co/pixel/updates for details.
- 5G Ultra Wideband available only in parts of select cities. 5G Nationwide available in 2700+ cities.
- Compared to Pixel 5. Based on internal CPU benchmark testing on pre-production devices.
- Compared to earlier models of Pixel phones.
- Deblurring may not work on all photos or videos with faces.
- Maximum battery life based on testing using a mix of talk, data, standby, and use of other features. Battery life depends upon many factors and usage of certain features will decrease battery life. Battery testing conducted by a third party in California in mid 2021 on pre-production hardware and software, using default settings. Battery testing conducted using two major carrier networks using Sub-6 GHz non-standalone 5G (ENDC) connectivity. Actual battery life may be lower.
- Requires compatible USB-C® device (sold separately). Charging speed varies and depends on device compatibility, battery age, usage during charging, and many other factors.
- Compared to Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G).
- Designed to comply with dust and water protection rating IP68 under IEC standard 60529 when each device leaves the factory but the device is not water or dust proof. The accessories are not water or dust resistant. Water resistance and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and will diminish or be lost over time due to normal wear and tear, device repair, disassembly or damage. Dropping your device may result in loss of water/dust resistance. Liquid damage voids the warranty. See g.co/pixel/water for details.
- Measured diagonally; dimension may vary by configuration and manufacturing process. Smooth Display is not available for all apps or content. Smooth Display automatically adjusts to optimize for best viewing and battery performance.
- Camera-based translation using Lens is available in 55 languages. Language availability may be more limited for other Pixel translation features. See g.co/pixel/livetranslate for more information. Not available in all languages or countries. Not available on all media or apps.
- Internet connection required during setup only.
- Boarding pass feature requires a Gmail account.
- Android security updates for at least 5 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store in the US. See g.co/pixel/updates for details.
- For emergency calls, microphones are always on.