Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Gear S3 classic Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 7
Release date: 06/08/2020
Software version: R775VVRU1DTE1
Below are the updates and new features this software update brings to your Gear S3 Classic:
- Bixby helps you get tasks done easier. Start an exercise with specific goals or ask the time difference between your city and the one you will be traveling to.
List view for app layout:
- You can now change the view for app layout and switch to apps in list view.
Keep the screen on during workouts:
- You now have an option to keep the screen on during workouts by enabling "Screen always on".
Option to Record Laps:
- You can now create laps by pressing the back key twice during a workout.
Earbuds Battery level:
- You can now check the battery level of connected earbuds from the Quick Panel of the watch. Supported earbuds include the latest Gaalxy Buds and Icon X.
Charging status on AOD:
- View the battery level of the watch as it charges on the AOD screen.
System Update 6
Release date: 05/20/2019
Software version: R775VVRU1CSD6
This software update brings the following to your Gear S3 classic:
Consistent app color between watch and phone
- Synchronized One UI between Galaxy phone and Galaxy watch
- More pleasant emojis on the watch UX
Sync alarms between your Galaxy watch and phone
- You can now use your Galaxy watch to edit or delete alarms set on your phone
Synchronized do not disturb status
- The Do Not Disturb status and setting values of both the watch and phone are now synchronized
- An "Optimize battery" option has been added to close background apps and change setting values that consume a lot of battery power
- File based encryption has been added for increased information security
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
© 2021 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Gear S are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.