Your use of Verizon's Security Dashboard and related software and applications ("Security Dashboard" or the "Service") is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). These Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless ("Verizon", "Verizon Wireless", "we" or "us"). By using the Service, you accept these Terms, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes to the Terms, you're agreeing to accept those changes.
- The Service. Security Dashboard is available for free within the My Verizon app to eligible Verizon wireless customers with a compatible device and is intended to help you understand how to use security products and features available through Verizon to help protect against security threats to your personal data. Each time you visit the Security Dashboard, it will access data about how you use certain Verizon products and services, including Digital Secure and Call Filter, and your Verizon account security settings, including whether you have verified your email address and enabled Number Lock, two-factor authentication, and My Verizon app push notifications for important alerts about your account. The Service will also assess your security habits and understanding of potential security threats by asking you to provide information about other security products and tools you use and to complete quizzes on various security topics. This information is used solely to provide you with a security rating and personalized recommendations on how you can protect yourself from threats to your Verizon account and personal information and is not used or shared for any other purpose. The Service may provide recommendations to download or enable Verizon products and services and some may require a subscription with a monthly recurring fee. Data charges apply for download of the My Verizon app and use of the Service.
- Restrictions on Use; Service Limitations. The Service is intended for personal, non commercial use. The Service is not guaranteed to be precise or accurate. Other than what you may tell us, the Security Dashboard does not have knowledge of or access to other security apps, services and features you may be using. A security rating of "Weak", "Moderate" or "Strong" reflects your progress in completing the Security Checklist provided through the Security Dashboard and is not a comprehensive risk assessment. The Security Checklist and recommendations are for your reference only and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of actions you can or should take. The Service cannot guarantee the actions it recommends can identify or protect against all possible security threats. It is your sole and exclusive responsibility to take steps to safeguard your personal information.
- Subject to the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement. When you signed up to be a customer of Verizon, you entered into a Customer Agreement with us. The Service is subject to all of the terms in that Customer Agreement including the Arbitration provisions therein.
- Licenses and Restrictions. Verizon grants to you and you accept a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use software made available for you to access the Service for your personal, non-commercial use in the United States. The Service is licensed and not sold to you. You will not or permit anyone else to sell, resell, distribute, loan, lease, otherwise transfer, copy, delete, record, translate, publish, upload, transmit, export, create derivative works of, make any commercial use of, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software. You will not alter, disable, or circumvent any digital rights management security features embedded in the software. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved. Verizon may revoke this license at any time without notice.
- Branding. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of Verizon's brand are the sole property of Verizon and Verizon does not grant any rights to such branding to you for any use at all. You may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices of the Service.
- Termination. Verizon may limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue the Service, or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice, including if you breach these Terms.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE AND ANY INCLUDED APPLICATION IS PROVIDED BY VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, USEFULNESS, COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE SERVICE OR THAT IT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. THE FOLLOWING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO YOU TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, FAILURE TO TRANSMIT OR RECEIVE ANY DATA, LOSS, MISUSE OR DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA, FAILURE TO RECEIVE OR BACK UP YOUR DATA (OR ARCHIVED DATA) OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold Verizon, and its licensors and suppliers harmless from any claims arising out of or relating to your or any user's actual or alleged misuse or fraudulent use of the Service or any other actual or alleged breach of these Terms. You are responsible for any costs incurred by Verizon or any other party (including reasonable legal fees) in connection with such claims.
Updated December 2021