Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Oreo 8.0 for Android™
Release Date: August 2017
Note: The date Oreo is available on your device will vary. Each manufacturer determines which devices they'll update and the schedule.
Key features of Oreo (Android 8.0 release)
- Picture-in-Picture support for select apps
- Minimizes background activity in apps you don't use very often
- Home screen Notification Dots quickly show you what's new. Just swipe to clear them.
- 60 new emoji in the redesigned emoji set
- Integrated printing support
Updating to Oreo on Your Device
Refer to the Advanced Devices - Software Updates page to see if Oreo has been released for your device or if an update is coming soon.
The steps to find the current OS version vary by device. Below are general instructions that work for most Android devices. For detailed instructions about a specific device, please check your device's user guide.
To check your current Android OS version:
- Open your device's settings.
- Tap the About Phone or About Device option.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
You've successfully found your version information.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.