Your use of Verizon's Call Filter services and related software and applications ("Call Filter" or the "Service") is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). These Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless ("Verizon", "Verizon Wireless", "we" or "us"). By using the Service, you accept these Terms, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes to the Terms, you're agreeing to accept those changes.
- The Service. Call Filter is a free service that provides network-based and application-based features to help screen unwanted calls and block spam. We make certain premium features ("Call Filter Plus") available to you on a subscription basis for a monthly recurring fee. Verizon may automatically enroll customers with eligible devices in the free Service. If you do not wish to be enrolled in the Service, you may turn off the Service at any time within the Call Filter app or My Verizon (My Business for business customers) or by contacting Verizon's customer service. As some features are network-based and do not require the Call Filter app, simply deleting the Call Filter app off your device will not cancel the Service.
- Device Requirements and Limitations. The Service is currently available for Verizon wireless customers only and requires a compatible phone. Depending on your phone, the Service may be provided either by the Call Filter app downloaded onto the phone, by the Verizon network directly to the phone, or both. Availability of certain features will vary depending on your account type (consumer or business), plan type (postpaid or prepaid) and device type (Android 9.4.0+ or iOS 2.1.1+ are required for the full set of features available with the Call Filter app). Call Filter Plus is not available to prepaid customers at this time. We are constantly improving our Service and expanding our anti-robocalling tools to additional devices that are not compatible with the Call Filter app. For a full list of compatible devices and available features by device, click on Supported Devices at Call Filter and see our FAQs.
The Service is not available for incoming calls from restricted or unlisted numbers. The full Service requires Verizon's 4G LTE network; limited features of the Service may be available if you are roaming on a VoLTE network outside of Verizon's 4G coverage area. The Service utilizes analytics and databases that are continually evolving, including spam reporting by customers. The Service may not work with some of our other services like Number Share or eSIM lines.
- Spam Alerts and Spam Call Blocking. The Service alerts you on your incoming call screen when you receive potential spam calls. The Service will automatically block and forward to voicemail high-risk spam (potential fraud) callers by default, but you may adjust your block settings within the Call Filter app to turn off blocking or to block additional spam calls by your preferred risk level. The Call Filter app allows you to report spam callers, provide feedback for calls you believe were mislabeled as spam, and allow specific numbers you do not want blocked. With a subscription to Call Filter Plus, depending upon your device, you may also use the Call Filter app to view a risk assessment for each spam call, as well as look up and block specific numbers. Postpaid consumers with certain devices may now turn on/off spam call blocking from their My Verizon account, without the Call Filter app downloaded on their device. For these devices, spam calls will be blocked via the Verizon network (not the Call Filter app), which means numbers you have stored in your Contacts may also be inadvertently blocked. For more information, see our FAQs.
The Service's spam detection and block management may inadvertently mislabel or block legitimate callers including those to whom you may have given consent to communicate with via your mobile number. You may check your voicemail to determine if the caller is legitimate (if they left a voice message and if you have voicemail enabled). The Service may not always detect spam calls from international numbers, but you may choose to block all incoming calls from international numbers. Verizon does not guarantee that all calls that are spam will be detected, including calls where the caller ID has been spoofed or falsified to disguise the actual calling number. For Android devices, your spam filter settings and lists of allowed and block numbers will be permanently deleted once you change devices, uninstall the Call Filter app, unsubscribe or downgrade the Service, or clear app cache or data. For iOS devices, your spam filter settings and list of allowed numbers (network-based features) will persist if you change devices, uninstall the Call Filter app, or unsubscribe or downgrade the Service, but block lists will be permanently deleted.
iOS customers only: When you upgrade to iOS 14, the Silence Junk Callers feature on your device will automatically block and send to voicemail potential fraud calls and spam calls. You will see “Maybe: Junk” on identified incoming calls. Wanted calls may get inadvertently labeled or blocked. You can turn off Silence Junk Callers by going to Call Blocking & Identification in your Phone settings. Turning off Silence Junk Callers on your device will not turn off the Call Filter service, and your Call Filter block settings will continue to apply.
- Caller Name ID. The Caller Name ID service, available with Call Filter Plus, displays the name, phone number, city and state of a caller's phone number, if these details are available and supported by your device. Some devices may only display the caller's name as the full Service may not be available on all devices. Some devices also allow identification of text messages when using an eligible messaging app. Android users may also see the caller's uploaded photo if available. The caller's name may not show if they are labeled as spam on certain operating systems. Your saved contact names will show instead of the Service's caller identification (so if a call would normally show as a Robocaller with the Service, but is in your list of Contacts, that Contact name will show instead). If you upload a photo, your photo will be seen by other Verizon customers that use the Service but will not override a Customer's contact photo (uploading is not available for all devices).
- Subject to the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement. When you signed up to be a customer of Verizon, you entered into a Customer Agreement with us. The Service is subject to all of the terms in that Customer Agreement including the Arbitration provisions therein. For business customers, refer to the agreement between your entity and Verizon.
- Fees and Data Charges. You may be eligible for a free trial of Call Filter Plus for a specific time period to which you may be auto-enrolled when you activate a new device. Should you choose to subscribe to Call Filter Plus after the free trial ends, monthly charges apply. Data charges apply for download and use of the Service. The Service does not operate on Wi-Fi, so data charges may apply when using the Service even if your device is also connected to Wi-Fi. If your device is eligible for the uploading or receiving of a picture, data charges apply to such uploading and also for receiving pictures. Your use of the Service will be billed to your Verizon account according to your data plan and the monthly recurring fee that you agreed to pay. Your service will auto-renew every month unless canceled.
- Licenses and Restrictions. The Service is the property of Verizon or its licensors. The Service software and any application installed on your device are licensed and not sold to you. Verizon and its licensors grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, personal, non-commercial license to use the Service for its intended use, in the United States.
- Restrictions on Use. You will not, or permit anyone else to, sell, resell, distribute, sublicense, loan, lease, otherwise transfer, alter, modify, merge, adapt, copy, delete, record, translate, publish, upload, transmit, export, create derivative works of, make any commercial use of, reverse engineer, decompile, attempt to derive the source code, or disassemble the Service or any software that forms part of the Service. You may not use the Service or any part of it for any improper or illegal use (including infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights). You will not alter, disable, or circumvent any features embedded in the software. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved. Verizon may revoke this license at any time without notice.
- Branding. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of Verizon's brand are the sole property of Verizon and Verizon does not grant any rights to such branding to you for any use at all. You may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices of the Service.
- User Content. For certain eligible devices, the Service allows you to upload a photo to display. You may choose to attach a photo from your own photo gallery, a new photo that you take, or a photo available for use from an Internet search that you conduct. You are responsible for any content that you upload to the Service. Verizon does not monitor or control the content you choose to send via the Service and, we disclaim all responsibility for such content. Photos that you did not take yourself may be subject to copyright protection which limits or prohibits their copying, transmission and/or use. You agree that you will not attach copyrighted content in a way that infringes any copyright, and that you are wholly responsible for any copyright infringement resulting from your conduct. If you are unsure about whether your conduct is lawful, you should not attach the content.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice. For information on how to submit a copyright infringement claim and filing a DMCA notice, please visit our Copyright Infringement Claims page.
DMCA repeat infringer policy
Pursuant to Section 512 of the DMCA, it is Verizon's policy to terminate the account of repeat copyright infringers in appropriate circumstances.
- Open Source and Third Party Licenses. Your use of the Service is subject to any open source licenses that form part of the Service as set out in the Open Licenses file in the application. Certain software or technical information is licensed from third parties, and may be covered by one or more U.S. Patents, pending U.S. patent applications, and pending counterpart European and international patents. You are subject to the terms of any third party agreements.
- Termination. Verizon may limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue the Service, or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice, including if you breach these Terms. You may also cancel your use of this service at any time by unsubscribing to the Service. Any trial of the Service shall terminate at the end of the trial period.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE AND ANY INCLUDED APPLICATION IS PROVIDED BY VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, INTEROPERABILITY, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS FREE, OR COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL OR AS TO THE IDENTIFICATION, LABELING, SPAM OR BLOCK MANAGEMENT, OR BLOCKING OF CALLS. VERIZON AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES DO NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) OR GUARANTEE THAT ALL SPAM, ROBOCALLER AND FRAUDLENT CALLERS WILL BE IDENTIFIED, LABELED CORRECTLY OR BLOCKED. THE SERVICE COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR DATA, DEVICE, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE LIABILITY OF VERIZON OR ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FOR MONETARY DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIMS, THAT YOU MAY HAVE UNDER THESE TERMS ARE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE PROPORTIONATE AMOUNT OF THE SERVICE CHARGES ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE AFFECTED PERIOD, AND THE MAXIMUM IN DAMAGES RECOVERABLE SHALL BE TEN ($10) U.S. DOLLARS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE VERIZON, ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, REPUTATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR COST OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT OR WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. VERIZON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS OR PENALTIES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) AS A RESULT OF MIS-IDENTIFICATION, MIS-MANAGEMENT OR BLOCKING OF A CALLER OR FAILURE TO PROPERLY IDENTIFY, MANAGE OR BLOCK A CALLER.
- Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold Verizon, and its licensors and suppliers harmless from any claims arising out of or relating to your or any User's actual or alleged misuse or fraudulent use of the Service or any other actual or alleged breach of these Terms. You are responsible for any costs incurred by Verizon or any other party (including reasonable legal fees) in connection with such claims.
- Export Control. Use of the Service may be subject to the export and import laws of the United States and other countries. You agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations. By using the Service and/or by downloading the applicable application, you agree that you are not located in, under the control of, or a resident or national of any country, or person, on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department Table of Deny Orders. You also agree that you are not located in a country that is subject to the U.S. government embargo, or that is designated by the U.S. as a terrorist supporting country and you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You agree also not to attempt to export or import any encrypted information, materials, hardware or software.
Updated September 2020