Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
LG V60 ThinQ™ 5G UW Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the mandatory software update for your device, this page contains the following information:
- Software Update Instructions - User initiated over the air (OTA)
- Software Update Instructions - Server initiated OTA
- Updating while roaming
- Insufficient device memory alert
- Battery life expectations after a major software update
User initiated OTA
To start the download:
- Start on the Home screen by tapping the Menu Key
- Tap Settings
- Tap About Phone
- Tap Software updates
- Tap Check for Update
- Tap Download Now
When download is complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed.
Tap Install Now.
The device will power down and restart. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
Server initiated OTA
Once a new software version is available for your device, it'll begin downloading in the background.
When the download is complete, you'll be notified that it is ready to be installed.
Tap Install Now and the device will power down and restart. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
To check your software version from the home screen:
- Tap Menu
- Tap Settings
- Tap About Phone
Updating while roaming
You won't receive a software update notice if you're roaming. You'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi to update your device while roaming.
To enable Wi-Fi on your device, go to Settings under Wireless & Networks and tap Wi-Fi ON to enable (if not already enabled).
Tap Wi-Fi to view and select a Wi-Fi network.
Once you're connected, an update notification will appear on your device. If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen, though this only means the software didn't install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery, and power your device back on. The device will restart with the original software and will prompt you once again to install the software update.
Insufficient Device Memory
Due to changes in the Lollipop OS, you'll need sufficient reserved memory for a software upgrade. If you don't have enough user memory, a Low Memory pop-up screen will be shown until you free up enough memory. Eliminating unused apps, and clearing videos or photos can help free up device memory. If you dismiss the notification and have not cleared space after 24 hours, a pre-update message will pop up again until you free up the memory necessary to perform the software update.
Battery life expectations after a major software update:
- The application memory may have to be optimized. This can take time and cause the device to temporarily use more battery while the optimization is in progress.
- Downloaded apps may not be optimized, as app developers don't immediately update their apps to support new versions of the OS. This may result in higher than normal battery drain, and in some cases device sluggishness, until apps are updated or removed.
- It can take 2 to 3 days for the device's battery life to normalize.
Software Upgrade Assistant Tool
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 6
Release date: 02/26/2021
Android Security Patch Level: January 2021
Software Version: V600VM20a
This software update introduces Android OS 11 which includes fundamental application updates and the latest Android security patches.
- Conversation bubbles: Notify you of a new message via a floating bubble. In Settings > Notifications > Conversation notifications, you can see the full list of conversations to set up for bubble notifications.
Wireless Emergency Alert
- Applications and Menu update: In Settings > Network & Internet > Wireless Emergency Alerts, the menu has been updated with Google WEA.
Tap & pay
- Tap & pay: Tap & pay is now shown when NFC is on, and disappears when it is off. It has also moved from Default apps to Settings > Connected devices > NFC.
- Menu update: In Settings > Network & internet > Tethering & Mobile Hotspot > Mobile Hotspot
- OS 10: Supports the "Manage connections" and "802.11 mode" menu
- OS 11: Removes the "Manage connections" and "802.11 mode" menu (Spec. VZ_REQ_WFMH_27817, VZ_REQ_WFMH_27791)
- Tutorial slider: The order of tutorial in the slider windows has been changed to Camera modes and Front/rear cameras. Also the background color has changed to black.
- Quick Video: Press and hold the shutter button to record a short video. Drag and hold the button for burst mode.
- Switch camera button: The button shape has changed in Photo, Video and Time-lapse mode.
- Quick settings: Three icons (Focus mode, Bedtime mode and Nearby Share) have been added to the main notification panel from the edit list (hidden).
- Focus Mode: You can pause distracting apps and hide their notifications on your schedule.
- Bedtime Mode: Avoid interruptions such as calls and notification while you sleep.
- Nearby Share: Turn on for sharing with nearby devices together.
Mobile data icon moved to the first page and Hi Fi Quad DAC icon moved to the second page.
- Volume panel: The volume panel display has moved from the top of the screen to the left.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer LG smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
V60 ThinQ is a trademark of LG Electronics, Inc. LG, LG Life’s Good, and the LG logo are registered trademarks of LG Corp.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.