Resetting your Verizon MI424WR router to the factory settings To reset your Verizon router:
- With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The Verizon router will automatically reboot itself.
- Wait 15 seconds before resuming setup.
- The router will return to the default settings of admin as the user name and password as the password.
- Your Verizon MI424WR router is now using the default settings for the network configuration. This includes the default SSID and network encryption key (WEP, WPA, or WPA2). You must re-configure your Verizon MI424WR router to match the previous settings that were assigned to all the other devices on your wireless network. Otherwise, no other network devices will be recognized.