Resetting your D-Link DI-624 router to the factory settings If you have forgotten your router's user name or password, you must reset the router to the factory settings to access the configuration utility. You can't update any security settings unless you know the user name and password and can access the router's configuration utility.
- Note: Resetting your D-Link router clears all of your home networking settings.
- With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The D-Link router will automatically reboot itself.
- Wait 15 seconds before resuming setup.
- Your D-Link DI-624 router is now using the default settings for the network configuration. This includes the default SSID and WEP encryption key. You must re-configure your D-Link router to match the previous settings that were assigned to all the other devices on your wireless network. Otherwise, no other network devices will be recognzied.