Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Software Update
Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 12
Release date: 12/27/2022
Android™ Security Patch Level: September 2022
Software Version: SP1A.210812.016.A015VVRU8CVK8
This software update brings the latest Android OS 12, One UI 4.1 and other performance improvements.
In addition to the capability to select from featured and downloaded wallpapers, you can now choose different color themes based on colors from your wallpaper. You can make the color selection from Wallpapers > Color palette > select your favorite color palette > select Apply.
Home screen widgets have been redesigned. The new structure of the widget list gives you more information at a glance and lets you personalize and decorate your home screen your way. You will also get useful widget suggestions.
- Weather widget: A dynamic weather widget has been added to the selection.
Lock screen widgets have also been redesigned to be simpler than ever before.
- A monthly calendar view will be shown if you choose "Today's schedule" under widget settings.
- Expression toolbar
With enhanced expression toolbar, you can get your emojis, GIFs, stickers and more directly from the keyboard. Self-expression is just a tap away. Select the smiley face from the top of your keyboard to access more expressions. When starting a new conversation from Messages app using Samsung keyboard > select the smiley face > select any sticker.
- If you want to add more sticker styles such as GIF, Bitmoji or even create your own emojis, simply select the settings button on your keyboard and enable the sticker styles you want on the pop-up menu.
- Once they are enabled, your selected stickers' style will be listed on your keyboard, such as GIF, Bitmoji, etc.
- You can create your own emojis using two different emotions. Select the Bitmoji icon and follow the steps to finish creating your own emoji, then you can add it to your messages.
- Select + from the expression tool bar to access additional stickers. You can also select Get more stickers to download new animated stickers from the Galaxy Store.
Enjoy a simpler, clearer layout in the preview which shows only the information you need.
- In Photo mode: The Lens icon is now displayed with default magnification.
- In Pro mode: The Lens icon metaphor has been updated to the name of the lens.
- Advanced Quick Take: Hands-free quick take recording is available by long pressing the shutter button and dragging it to the lock icon.
Photo Editor and Video Editor
- Photo Editor: Enjoy a simpler, clearer layout which provides immersive editing experiences.
- Video editor: Non-destructive video editing structure is supported just like a photo editor. After editing the video, you can revert back to the original version or save a copy of the edited video.
Additional options are available for sorting albums. Select More to see these options. You can now edit date, time and location of the selected images and videos.
The main screen shows battery and security issues. Click Optimize now to optimize usage and easily solve problems.
Easily check which apps are accessing sensitive permissions such as location, camera, microphone, etc., in permission usage history. You can easily turn off the permissions. A green dot will appear in the upper right corner of the screen if the app is accessing camera and/or microphone permission.
When you start charging, the new visual charging effect will be displayed.
Google has upgraded the Duo experience to include all Google Meet features. Google Duo will be replaced by the new Google Meet app, also available for download from the Google Play™ Store. After updating to Google Meet, Duo icons will be replaced with Meet icons.
Visit Google Workspace for more information.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the software update for your Samsung device, this page contains the following information:
- Wi-Fi Only Over The Air (OTA) Programming
- Server-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- User-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- Software Update while Roaming
Note: Estimated software download time is 6-10 minutes. Estimated software update time is 6-10 minutes.
Wi-Fi Only OTA Programming - Wi-Fi Exclusive Update
If Wi-Fi is enabled and your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your device will be able to receive and download new software updates.
- The download will take place when the device is in Wi-Fi coverage, but coverage does not need to be consistent. You can use multiple Wi-Fi networks and disconnect from/reconnect to Wi-Fi, and the update will continue to download from where it left off until complete.
- When the download is complete, you'll receive a notification that there's a new software update available for installation. Tap Install Now to continue with installation. The device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
You've successfully updated your software.
Server-Initiated Software Update
You'll be notified on your device that a software update is available.
- Select Install now and your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin. Tap OK to begin the installation.
Note: If you choose Defer, this will delay installation and you'll be taken back to the Home screen. The software update message will appear periodically until you install the update.
- After you've received first notification of the software update, you can manually initiate by going to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > Software updates. Under System updates, tap Restart & install to install the update. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the device will power off and then back on again.
You've successfully updated your software.
User-Initiated Software Update
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You've successfully updated your software.
System Update while Roaming
If you're roaming, you won't receive a software update notice. To update, you'll need to either enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or manually update by going to Home > Application > Settings > About device > Software updates.
To enable Wi-Fi:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- To connect to an available Wi-Fi network, select Wi-Fi settings and select an available Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen. However, this only means the software didn't install properly. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you again to install the software update.
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer Samsung smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
© 2023 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Galaxy A are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.