Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Galaxy A02s Software Update
Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the software update for your Samsung device, this page contains the following information:
- Wi-Fi Only Over The Air (OTA) Programming
- Server-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- User-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- Software Update while Roaming
Note: Estimated software download time is 6-10 minutes. Estimated software update time is 6-10 minutes.
Wi-Fi Only OTA Programming - Wi-Fi Exclusive Update
If Wi-Fi is enabled and your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your device will be able to receive and download new software updates.
- The download will take place when the device is in Wi-Fi coverage, but coverage does not need to be consistent. You can use multiple Wi-Fi networks and disconnect from/reconnect to Wi-Fi, and the update will continue to download from where it left off until complete.
- When the download is complete, you'll receive a notification that there's a new software update available for installation. Tap Install Now to continue with installation. The device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
You've successfully updated your software.
Server-Initiated Software Update
You'll be notified on your device that a software update is available.
- Select Install now and your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin. Tap OK to begin the installation.
Note: If you choose Defer, this will delay installation and you'll be taken back to the Home screen. The software update message will appear periodically until you install the update.
- After you've received first notification of the software update, you can manually initiate by going to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > Software updates. Under System updates, tap Restart & install to install the update. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the device will power off and then back on again.
You've successfully updated your software.
User-Initiated Software Update
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You've successfully updated your software.
System Update while Roaming
If you're roaming, you won't receive a software update notice. To update, you'll need to either enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or manually update by going to Home > Application > Settings > About device > Software updates.
To enable Wi-Fi:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- To connect to an available Wi-Fi network, select Wi-Fi settings and select an available Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen. However, this only means the software didn't install properly. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you again to install the software update.
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 7
Release date: 11/30/2022
Android Security Patch Level: September 2022
Software Version: SP1A.210812.016.A025VSQU2CVJ1
This software update brings the latest Android OS 12 and One UI 4.0, with new features, privacy settings, and improved customization that allows you to create your own optimized mobile experience. It also includes Advanced Messaging (RCS) and an upgrade from Google Duo to Google Meet.
The latest Android security patch and performance improvements are also included in this update.
Android OS 12 Update
Android OS 12 offers some of the newest ways to control your privacy, customize your phone, and get things done. It's Android, just the way you want it.
With featured and downloaded wallpapers, you can select different device color themes based on your wallpaper colors. From Settings, go to Wallpaper > Color theme > select your favorite color theme > Done.
- Emoji Creator
Create your own emojis by combining two different emojis and customizing the animations for the pair. To create an emoji in the Messages app, tap the smiley face in the keyboard > Tap Try it out.
- Samsung Keyboard now supports built-in grammar correction (Powered by Grammarly). You can enable this feature in Samsung Keyboard settings > Suggest text corrections > English (US).
Take control of your privacy with the new Privacy Dashboard, Permission Controls, and Camera/Microphone Indicator.
- Privacy Dashboard
Privacy Dashboard lets you easily view which apps are accessing your permissions. Then you can use the permission manager to enable/disable apps from accessing those permissions.
- Camera/Microphone Indicator
Whenever your phone is recording audio/video, a green icon will appear in the top right informing you that your camera and/or microphone are being used. This helps to ensure you're only recording when you want to.
The Camera app now has a simpler, improved layout for Main and Pro modes.
- Advanced Quick Take
When using the Camera, you can hold the Shutter button to record a video (Quick Take). Now you can lock the Quick Take for hands-free recording.
In Samsung Gallery, you can now mix both photos and videos using Video Collages. From Gallery > Select More icon (3 dots) > Create > Collage.
Digital Wellbeing has a new Driving Monitor so you can track your phone usage while driving. You can limit your app usage while driving and make sure you're driving safely.
Home screen widgets have been redesigned for better visibility and ease of use. The new widget list gives you more information at a glance, and lets you personalize and decorate your home screen. You will also see recommended widgets helpful for your daily routine.
- Weather widget: A dynamic weather widget that changes background color based on the weather or time.
- Lock screen widgets have also been improved for more flexible usage.
- Calendar widget: Added monthly view for "Today's schedule" in widget settings.
Advanced Messaging (RCS)
This update introduces Advanced Messaging (RCS) for your device. Advanced Messaging features include:
- Send larger text messages: Create larger messages up to 8,000 characters long. With Advanced Messaging you're no longer limited to 160 characters.
- Typing indicators: See when your contact is typing in a conversation.
- Read receipts: See when your message has been read.
- Large group chats: Create group chats with up to 100 participants.
- High-quality media sharing: Share pictures and videos in high-quality.
- Chat over Wi-Fi: You can send messages over Wi-Fi, even when you don't have a cellular connection.
- Transfer larger files: Send larger attachments than ever before.
- Location sharing: Share your location as you travel.
See our Advanced Messaging FAQs for more information.
Google has upgraded the Duo experience to include all Google Meet features. Google Duo will be replaced by the new Google Meet app, also available for download from the Google Play™ Store. After updating to Google Meet, Duo icons will be replaced with Meet icons.
Visit Google Workspace for more information.
* Group message recipients must also have Advanced Messaging enabled on a compatible device.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer Samsung smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
Samsung Galaxy A02s - View Software Version
How to use Verizon Cloud
Samsung Galaxy A02s - Install Device Software Upda...
Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) - Repair Assi...
© 2023 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Galaxy A are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.