Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Galaxy A03s Software Update
Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues, apply the latest security patches and, when available, deliver new features.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the software update for your Samsung device, this page contains the following information:
- Wi-Fi Only Over The Air (OTA) Programming
- Server-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- User-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- Software Update while Roaming
Note: Estimated software download time is 6-10 minutes. Estimated software update time is 6-10 minutes.
Wi-Fi Only OTA Programming - Wi-Fi Exclusive Update
If Wi-Fi is enabled and your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your device will be able to receive and download new software updates.
- The download will take place when the device is in Wi-Fi coverage, but coverage does not need to be consistent. You can use multiple Wi-Fi networks and disconnect from/reconnect to Wi-Fi, and the update will continue to download from where it left off until complete.
- When the download is complete, you'll receive a notification that there's a new software update available for installation. Tap Install Now to continue with installation. The device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
You've successfully updated your software.
Server-Initiated Software Update
You'll be notified on your device that a software update is available.
- Select Install now and your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin. Tap OK to begin the installation.
Note: If you choose Defer, this will delay installation and you'll be taken back to the Home screen. The software update message will appear periodically until you install the update.
- After you've received first notification of the software update, you can manually initiate by going to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > Software updates. Under System updates, tap Restart & install to install the update. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the device will power off and then back on again.
You've successfully updated your software.
User-Initiated Software Update
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You've successfully updated your software.
System Update while Roaming
If you're roaming, you won't receive a software update notice. To update, you'll need to either enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or manually update by going to Home > Application > Settings > About device > Software updates.
To enable Wi-Fi:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- To connect to an available Wi-Fi network, select Wi-Fi settings and select an available Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen. However, this only means the software didn't install properly. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you again to install the software update.
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 8
Release date: 03/08/2023
Android Security Patch Level: December 2022
Software Version: TP1A.220624.014.A037USQU3CWB6
This software update brings the latest Android OS 13 and One UI 5, with improvements to user experience, performance, security and privacy.
You can now easily delete unwanted emoji pairs with the new delete function. In addition, “Create” text has been added to the “+” create emoji pair function.
“Touch and hold edit” mode has been added to let you easily edit and customize your lock screen by simply touching and holding on the screen.
- Touch and hold on the lock screen to enter lock screen edit mode.
- A “Touch and hold edit” option has also been added to the lock screen settings menu.
- You can now easily change your lock screen wallpaper directly on the lock screen. From the Wallpapers library, various options are now available, including Wallpaper services such as dynamic lock screen.
To use dynamic lock screen, select Wallpaper in the “Touch and hold edit” mode on your lock screen > Scroll down to “Wallpaper services” > Select the arrow on the right > Select Dynamic Lock screen > select Apply.
- You can also change and customize your lock screen clock style.
- Edit and customize the notification settings by selecting the preview notifications.
- Edit the left and right app shortcut.
Settings: Notification Settings
The notification settings have been reorganized so that related menus can be found on one screen.
- Go to Notifications in the settings menu > select App notification to view the apps list and easily toggle each app’s notification on and off.
Settings: Do not disturb notification
- You can easily add contact exceptions in the Do not disturb notification settings. Go to “Do not disturb” under notification settings > select Calls and messages > Select + to add contacts to the exceptions list.
- Do not disturb exceptions for the app can also be found under Do not disturb > App notifications. Simply select + to add apps to the exceptions list.
- Album: For quick access to organize Albums, select “+” on the top right corner under Gallery > Album. You can choose from the options listed: create an album, create a group, and share an album and auto update an album. A “View all” option has also been added at the top for you to quickly access all your albums.
- People management has also become easier in the Gallery. When there are people groups that are analyzed as the same person or the same type, you will receive recommendations to integrate them into one group.
Settings: Modes and Routines
- Bixby Routines has been renamed to Modes and Routines.
- Under the “Modes” tab, you can utilize different modes to help you focus on your current tasks.
- Under the "Routines" tab, you can add new routines or discover and manage existing routines.
Settings: Security and Privacy
- “Biometrics and security” and “Privacy” have been combined into one menu named “Security and privacy”.
Settings: Connected devices
- Connected devices has been added to the settings menu and grouped with “Connections” settings.
Safety and emergency
- When you press on the lock screen to make an emergency call, the medical information icon has been updated.
- With this update you will have options to provide additional medical information. Select Medical info in the “Safety and emergency” settings menu and make the update.
- The safety and emergency settings have been redefined and now provide more detailed configuration.
- Edit the Emergency SOS settings by selecting Emergency SOS.
- Send messages to your emergency contacts by selecting Emergency sharing.
- The “Shown on Lock screen” option has been added for you to enable or disable medical information that should be shown on the lock screen.
Home Screen: Widget
- You can now stack multiple widgets to best utilize the space on your home screen. You can either create stacked widgets by dragging and dropping or you can use the “create widget” option by long pressing one of the widgets you wish to edit.
- Once the stack widget has been created, you can long press to edit the widget or remove it.
- The preview screen of Wallpaper gives you the option to edit your lock screen and home screen wallpapers. Go to Wallpaper > Select the wallpaper you want > A preview screen will pop up > select Preview to edit the wallpaper.
- If you select a picture from the Gallery to use as wallpaper, you can also apply filters to the wallpaper by selecting the “Filter” option on the bottom of the screen.
- In addition, more color options have been added to the color palette in the wallpaper settings. Select Color palette under "Wallpaper and style" to view these options.
- You can turn the color palette on/off by using the toggle button. Select different wallpaper palettes by choosing Wallpaper colors and Basic colors to view additional color modes.
Receive more frequent weather updates through your movement patterns, such as driving, biking, running, or walking. When “Auto refresh on the go” is enabled, there's no need to manually refresh the weather. The refresh button will not be shown on the weather widget.
Go to Weather widget > select it > select the settings menu on the top > turn on “Auto refresh on the go”. If you are using it the first time, you will receive a pop up notification to get your permission, select Allow to continue or Don’t allow to dismiss this action.
- Edit and All apps icons have been added to the first depth of the edge panel for easy access. You can find them on the bottom of the edge panel.
- Integrated Filters: The Filters and My filters tabs have been integrated into the “Filters” menu to provide you with a simplified experience. You can also create your own filter by selecting the + button.
- Histogram in Pro Video mode: The Histogram button has been moved from quick settings in Pro Video mode to the preview screen directly for easier access while taking videos.
- Single take: Single take options have been simplified for content optimization. The max shooting time has been updated to 15secs (10+5secs).
- Food mode: Tele lens is now supported in Food mode.
- Watermark: Watermarks can be added to your pictures. You can find watermarks under Camera settings. Select the settings wheel on top of your camera > turn on watermark settings. You can edit the model name, date and time, font style and alignment.
Photo and Video Editor
- Color extraction: Provides a better experience when you need to extract the color from an image. Edit a picture > select Draw > Choose a pen to draw > on the pop up color tool box > select the color extraction tool > a magnifying glass will be shown to help you quickly choose the color.
- Easier video trimming: Provides a video trimming button to easily adjust the beginning and end of the video. Edit the video > Trim the video > Move the play bar from the beginning or from the end > a trimming button will appear so you can quickly tap and adjust the video.
- Block numbers: Unblock all numbers has been added to settings so you can easily unblock all blocked numbers.
Go to the Phone App > select the 3 dots option on the top > select Settings > select Block numbers.
If you have blocked numbers in the list, there will be a 3 dots option on the top. Select the three dots > “Unblock all numbers” will show > select it. You will receive a pop-up notification to either “Unblock” or “Cancel”.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer Samsung smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
Samsung Galaxy A03s - View Software Version
How to use Verizon Cloud
Samsung Galaxy A03s - Install Device Software Upda...
Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) - Repair Assi...
© 2023 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Galaxy A are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.