Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
The Verizon Visa® Credit Card & The Verizon Visa Signature Credit Card Rewards Program Terms & Conditions
By applying for and opening a Verizon Visa Credit Card or Verizon Visa Signature Credit Card account (each, a "credit card account"), you agree to be automatically enrolled in the Verizon Visa Card Rewards Program ("Rewards Program") and are accepting these terms and conditions ("Rewards Terms").
- General. The Rewards Program allows you to earn rewards (referred to as "Verizon Dollars") on purchases made with your credit card account. In these Reward Terms, "you" and "your" means the card holder. "We," "our" and "us" means Verizon. "Bank" means Synchrony Bank or its assignees. The Rewards Program is managed, provided and operated by Verizon. The Rewards Program is subject to the Verizon Wireless Consumer Customer Agreement. We may at any time and for any reason change, limit or terminate any aspect of the Rewards Program or these Reward Terms. Changes may apply retroactively and may affect outstanding transactions and Verizon Dollars.
- Eligibility. As provided above, you will automatically be enrolled in the Rewards Program when the Bank opens your credit card account. We or Bank may revoke participation in the Rewards Program at any time for any reason. In addition, by applying for and opening a credit card account, you also agree to be automatically enrolled in any applicable Verizon wireless rewards program governing your Verizon Wireless consumer post-paid account ("Verizon Wireless Account") existing at the time of your application (and any alternative or successor Verizon loyalty or rewards program for which you may be eligible for membership) ("Other Program"). If there are any conflicts between the Rewards Terms and the terms for any such Other Program, the Rewards Terms will govern with respect to the Rewards Program. So long as you are a card holder, you are not permitted to cancel your Other Program membership.
- Earning Verizon Dollars. You will earn Verizon Dollars for every purchase of goods and/or services made by you or any authorized user on your credit card account, minus any returns, refunds or credit adjustments (each a "Net New Purchase"). The earned amount, per transaction, will be rounded to the nearest penny.
- 4% in Verizon Dollars for every Net New Purchase of gas. Gas purchases include purchases of fuel at gas stations identified as "Service Stations" or "Automated Fuel Dispensers". Gas stations do not include merchants of aviation or other non-automotive fuels.
- 4% in Verizon Dollars for every Net New Purchase of groceries. Grocery purchases include purchases made at grocery stores and supermarkets.
- 3% in Verizon Dollars for every Net New Purchase made at restaurants. Restaurants are generally identified as restaurants, drinking places, fast food places and caterers.
- 2% in Verizon Dollars for every Net New Purchase made at a Verizon operated store, Verizon online, over the phone with a Verizon representative or at an exclusive Verizon Authorized Retailer. Verizon purchases include purchases of devices, accessories and the payment of your Verizon Wireless Account bill and/or Verizon Fios account bill.
- 1% in Verizon Dollars for all other Net New Purchases made on your credit card account everywhere else Visa is accepted, including any "big box" retailers such as Walmart or Best Buy that offer Verizon services.
There is no limit on earning Verizon Dollars for any of the Net New Purchases listed above.
Every credit card account associated with the same Verizon Wireless Account will accrue earned Verizon Dollars into a shared digital wallet.
The percentage in Verizon Dollars earned on Net New Purchases is determined by the merchant category code ("MCC") associated with the purchase. The MCC code is a four-digit classification code that is assigned to a merchant by the merchant's payment card network or merchant processor based on the predominant business activity of the merchant (i.e. Gas Station, Grocery Store, etc.). The merchant's MCC code will determine how a particular purchase qualifies to receive the percentage in Verizon Dollars. For example, a dining purchase at the cafe area of a department store may have an MCC identification as a type of merchant other than a dining establishment and therefore would not qualify as a dining purchase under these Reward Terms. Similarly, grocery purchases at Walmart, Target or other "big box" retailers may not qualify as grocery purchases. Neither Verizon, nor Bank assigns or has responsibility for the assignment of MCCs or evaluates what MCC should be assigned to a particular merchant. Bank reserves the right to determine, from time to time, which MCCs qualify for a particular category of purchases. Verizon and Bank are not responsible for awarding Verizon Dollars for purchases at merchants who do not accurately report transactions using the MCC codes described above.
Verizon Dollars are not earned on the following: unauthorized or fraudulent charges, the purchase of debt cancellation products, cash advances, balance transfers, interest or fees on your credit card account.
All Verizon Dollars are subject to the terms provided in these Rewards Terms and will accrue within the same shared digital wallet of Verizon Dollars earned on Net New Purchases.
- Accessing Verizon Dollars. Earned Verizon Dollars will be posted to your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 credit card billing cycles and be stored in a digital wallet that can be accessed through My Verizon website, the My Verizon app and the Verizon Visa Card app. Access to this digital wallet is based on Verizon Wireless Account Access Roles. According to these roles, you must be a Verizon Wireless Account Owner or Verizon Wireless Account Manager to access the digital wallet of Verizon Dollars. You do not have to be a card holder to access Verizon Dollars. You must be a Verizon Wireless Account Owner or Verizon Wireless Account Manager (regardless of whether you are a card holder) to access the digital wallet of Verizon Dollars.
Visit https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-visa-card-faqs/ to learn more.
- Redeeming Verizon Dollars. According to Verizon Wireless Account Access Roles, you must be a Verizon Wireless Account Owner or Verizon Wireless Account Manager to redeem Verizon Dollars. However, you do not have to be a card holder to redeem Verizon Dollars. Once Verizon Dollars are redeemed, the balance of Verizon Dollars in your digital wallet will be reduced by the number of Verizon Dollars you redeemed. For more information, go to https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-visa-card-faqs/. Verizon Dollars have no cash value and are issued for reward purposes only and cannot be purchased, sold, transferred, redeemed for cash or Verizon gift cards, or used for security deposits for Verizon Wireless Account or Verizon Fios account services.
- Verizon Dollar Reimbursement. Verizon Dollars used towards a purchase that is later returned or exchanged will be reimbursed in the form of Verizon Dollars as long as you have an open Verizon Wireless Account or such return or exchange is made within ninety (90) consecutive calendar days from the closure of your credit card account. If no such Verizon Wireless Account exists or if you are returning or exchanging a purchase after the cancellation of your Verizon Wireless Account or after such ninety (90) day period, your Verizon Dollars will be immediately forfeited.
- Forfeiting Verizon Dollars. Verizon Dollars earned through purchases made on your credit card account are subject to various forfeiture rules as set forth below. You will not be entitled to and will not receive any compensation from us or the Bank for any forfeited Verizon Dollars.
- Rewards Program Inactivity.
- If there is no Rewards Program activity for twenty-four (24) consecutive calendar months, you will forfeit any unused Verizon Dollars. "Rewards Program activity" means credit card purchases, credit card account bill payment, or the redemption of Verizon Dollars.
- Credit Card Account Closure.
- If you no longer have a credit card account associated with your Verizon Wireless Account, your Verizon Dollars will remain active for ninety (90) consecutive calendar days. This time period begins when the last remaining credit card account associated with the Verizon Wireless account is closed. Any unused Verizon Dollars will be forfeited after this ninety (90) day period.
- Your Credit Card Account is Not in Good Standing.
- If your credit card account is not in good standing, Verizon Dollars that have not been posted to your monthly credit card billing statement will be immediately forfeited.
- Verizon Wireless Account Cancellation.
- If you cancel the last remaining wireless line on your Verizon Wireless Account, your Verizon Dollars will be immediately forfeited.
- If your Verizon Wireless Account is cancelled, then your credit card account will function as a standard credit card and will not be eligible to earn any Verizon Dollars.
- Verizon Wireless Account Owner Change.
- If the Verizon Wireless Account Owner associated with your Verizon Wireless Account is changed, then this is considered a cancellation of your Verizon Wireless Account. Then your Verizon Dollars will be immediately forfeited and your credit card account will function as a standard credit card and will not be eligible to earn any Verizon Dollars.
- Verizon Wireless Account Manager Transfer of Service.
- If a Verizon Wireless Account Manager associated with your Verizon Wireless Account is moved to a new or different Verizon Wireless Account, then your Verizon Dollars balance will remain with the original Verizon Wireless Account. All Verizon Dollars earned in the future by such Verizon Wireless Account Manager will be issued to the new Verizon Wireless Account starting with the activation of the new Verizon Wireless Account.
- Rewards Program Inactivity.