Donate your phone
or host a phone drive.
Your wireless phone can be a lifeline for a survivor of domestic violence.
HopeLine collects no-longer used wireless phones, batteries, chargers and accessories in any condition from any service provider to benefit victims and survivors of domestic violence. Since its launch in 2001, we've made great progress. The successes belong to the survivors, and their stories of courage inspire us to continue our work.
Donate your phone.
Survivors of domestic violence typically can’t use their old mobile devices once they’ve left their abusers. When you donate your phone to HopeLine, it’s turned into valuable financial support for domestic violence awareness and prevention initiatives. Here are four simple steps to make a donation:
- Erase any data from the phone and disconnect the phone’s service with your wireless provider.
- Remove any storage cards and SIM cards from the phone. We thoroughly refurbish donated phones.
- Place your wireless phone from any service provider along with the battery, charger and any accessories you wish to donate in a plastic bag. Find a Verizon Wireless retail store near you to drop your wireless phone and accessories in a HopeLine bin.
- Don’t have time to go to a store? Pack your wireless phone, battery, charger and accessories in a secure package. Print out our pre-paid mailing label and just drop in the mail.
Host a phone drive.
With a little bit of planning and utilizing HopeLine materials, you can host a phone drive that will benefit victims of domestic violence. Here are four simple steps to host a phone drive:
- Select the dates and location for your drive. Be sure to plan for the length of your collection when you do so.
- Get free HopeLine materials to promote and host your drive. Mail your request with the dates you've planned and we'll send you the materials.
- Place the collection boxes in visible but secure locations. Move collections to a storage area as needed.
- Pack your collected phones, batteries and accessories securely for shipment. Request mailing labels for special collections and ship your phones using the label provided.