Committed to the highest ethical standards
Verizon takes a stand on the issues that support our customers, employees and communities. Our commitment to integrity and respect are defined in the company policies below.
Network and privacy policies
We’re committed to an Open Internet.
We produce, distribute and enable access to content.
We respect our customers’ privacy.
We’re keeping our supply chain free of conflict minerals.
We conduct business with the environment in mind.
We source, use and dispose of paper resources responsibly.
Employee and workplace policies
Our code of conduct guides our business practices.
We seek suppliers with shared core values.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Verizon promotes values that foster human rights.
Verizon believes individuals should be compensated equitably for similar work.
We apply a set of universal design principles in our product design.
We are committed to providing products and services that are accessible to the broadest range of customers, including youth, individuals with disabilities and seniors. We embraced a set of universal design principles in 1987 that are now an integral part of the product design process throughout Verizon.
- Provide quality service that can reasonably accommodate a broad range of diverse users including youth, individuals with disabilities and seniors
- Review existing services to determine which services should be made more accessible
- Design and develop services, to the extent that it is readily achievable, to be accessible to a broad range of users
- Market and provide services in a manner consistent with universal design
- Employ these principles Verizon-wide in relationships with customers, employees, shareowners and suppliers
Wireless device policies
We reinforce our device unlocking policy.
Diversity & inclusion
We work better because our team is comprised of people from diverse backgrounds.
Public policy & regulatory
We support policies that promote choice, competition and innovation.