Winning through diversity and inclusion.
Verizon is committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We care about diversity in both our employees and our suppliers. Diversity and inclusion is how we achieve success. By celebrating diversity across all spectrums, including but not limited to race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran/military status, and age, we are a stronger company and culture.
We take pride in our talented and diverse team of people who focus on our customers, every day. Their combined intelligence, spirit and creativity make Verizon a great place to work, learn and grow.
Our track record
- 59.3%Employeediversity in our U.S. workforce.
- 4 of 9board membersare women or people of color.
- $50Btotal spendwith diverse suppliers in the last 10 years.
Connecting and engaging employees.
Our employee resource groups provide a forum for professional and personal development, celebrating diversity and solving unique business challenges across Verizon’s diverse customer base. Verizon supports nine employee resource groups:
- Asian Pacific Employees for Excellence
- Black Resource Association of Verizon Employees
- Disabilities Issues Awareness Leaders
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Employees of Verizon and their Allies
- Hispanic Support Organization
- Native American People of Verizon
- South-Asian Professionals Inspiring Corporate Excellence
- Veterans Advisory Board of Verizon
- Women's Association of Verizon Employees
Building a supply chain as diverse as the communities we serve.
We operate a robust set of supplier diversity and inclusion initiatives that include designed collaboration with executive champions from across our business.
Investing in our people.
Among our most successful initiatives:
Exploring the impact of workplace bias.
In 2018, we expanded the required workshops for our leadership team to explore unconscious bias and how to mitigate its impact to create a more inclusive workplace.
Executive mentorship for women
This seven-month mentorship program matches senior executives and female V Team members with the goal of advancing leadership skills and development.
Adfellows is a program for college graduates across the country with diverse backgrounds and an interest in marketing. The eight-month marketing fellowship allows participants to rotate through Verizon and agency partners to gain both client and agency experience.
Celebrating women in leadership
Lifting Up: Lessons from Verizon Women Leader is a podcast series that showcases success stories and glean wisdom from the ups, downs and detours of their journey.