A new series to amplify the voices of the future who are taking action today.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
It starts with a spark. A voice. An idea. A call for change.
Amid a global pandemic, students and young activists have mobilized to challenge the status quo and shape a more equitable and inclusive future. These young leaders are laying the groundwork for the change we want and need to see.
They are on the front lines of demanding equality for people of color, equity for women, action for climate protection, resources for those underserved, access for students and allyship for the LGBTQ+ community.
They dream faster than the speed of light and create innovations to build a more connected and accessible world. They have harnessed the power of digital transformation to reimagine the impossible.
They are transforming unforgettable moments into worldwide movements.
These are the #Next20, the voices of the future.
In honor of Verizon’s 20th anniversary, #Next20 is our new series that discusses the top social, business and technology issues through the stories and experiences of emerging and seasoned change makers.
Hosted on BUILD by Yahoo, HuffPost, Up To Speed and other Verizon channels, each episode will feature young visionaries and groundbreakers to explore the inspiration behind their ideas, activism and how they hope to build a better future.
Guests will include:
- Adrian Burrell, an activist and filmmaker, committed to leveraging his personal experiences to drive reform around criminal justice and racial equality.
- Xavier McElrath Bey, Deputy Executive Director at the Campaign for the Fair Sentencing of Youth, advocating for youth justice and sentencing reform.
- Christina Swarns, decorated criminal justice advocate and attorney, was just named CEO of the Innocence Project.
- Kyle Lierman, CEO of When We All Vote, dedicated to increasing participation in every election and closing the race and age voting gap.
- Khalil Muhammad, Professor of Race, History and Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School.
- Jahmal Cole, founder of My Block My Hood My City, committed to galvanize teens around education and bridge the digital divide.
- Muneer Panjwani, Head of Corporate Development at The Trevor Project, a nonprofit that works to end LGBTQ youth suicide.
- Ziad Ahmed, Gen Z changemaker, social justice champion and CEO/Founder at JUV Consulting.
Calling all visionaries
If you have a suggested speaker for #Next20, please comment below and help us find the visionaries, dreamers, believers and doers. If they are moving and shaking the world for good, we want to shine a light on their efforts, ideas and inspirations as part of this groundbreaking new series.
Every movement has a moment where the tides shift, and a flicker of hope paves the way forward. This is #Next20, the voices of the future.
Stay tuned for the first episode of #Next20 dropping next week!