Summer, summer, summer time
Volunteer to support students during summer months.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
It’s summer time. Just a bit of a break from the norm. So what will kids do during this time out of school? Some will go to camp, others might have a summer job and still others will be left to figure out what to do with little resources. You can help students this summer by volunteering.
Here are four easy ways to get involved across the globe:
- Support students this summer on CareerVillage.org You will have the opportunity to make a scalable impact, providing career advice to individual students, with the potential to reach hundreds to thousands of students on our open access platform. Together, we can introduce even more young people to careers they may never have dreamed existed and do not know how to enter. Verizon Media employees can join the project here.
- Do you speak Spanish? You have a unique opportunity to participate in a Digital Marketing Training for young Latinas in the Hispanic Community. This event will be delivered in Spanish over the course of ten virtual sessions through July 14, 2021. During the workshop, students will learn new skills, improving their opportunities in the job market, helping to grow their own businesses or creating the interest to pursue a new and rewarding career path in technology. Verizon Media employees can also support this effort.
- Share what a day in your job looks like with aspiring young professionals through a pre-recorded 5-7 minute video. LULAC is offering 1 volunteering hour to those who plan, develop and record a video for the self-guided career fair.
Verizon Media employees can submit videos as well. We only need 12 more volunteers to complete this event.
- Junior Achievement's mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. You can help impact a young person’s life by sharing your story and offering advice to the next generation of leaders. We have volunteer opportunities in Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Ireland just to name a few. Join the JA Volunteer Community to find all of the opportunities in our portal. Verizon Media teammates can join here
These are just four of the many opportunities available on our volunteer portal. Discover where you can use your talents and perhaps get your family involved. No matter what you decide to do, we want to hear about it.
- Take a photo of you and your family taking part in your chosen activity
- Post on social media with the hashtags #VTeam and #IAMVZ so we can connect with your activities
- Tag us @InsideVerizon on Twitter or Instagram
- And most importantly- Be safe, make a positive impact and HAVE FUN!