Verizon Wi-Fi Terms of Service
Welcome to Verizon Wi-Fi
This free Wi-Fi service provided by Verizon is a free, public, non-commercial Wi-Fi service offered in certain locations throughout the United States (the “Wi-Fi"). The Wi-Fi equipment and services are provided by Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless, located at One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ (“Verizon” or “we”).
By using this Wi-Fi, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (the "Wi-Fi Terms of Service" or “Terms”). The Wi-Fi Terms of Service apply to your use of this Wi-Fi. Except as provided in "Disclaimer of Warranties" below, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
If you choose to use other services (such as an application or website) while using this Wi-Fi, your use of those services will be governed by the terms and conditions provided to you in association with those services.
Privacy and Security
You understand that this Wi-Fi, which utilizes wireless technologies, is not inherently secure and that wireless communications may not remain private or free of interception or access by others. We will not be liable to you or any other party for any lack of security that may result from your use of this Wi-Fi.
Verizon does not exercise control over other services you may use while using this Wi-Fi. These third-party services may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or device, collect data, or solicit information from you. For more information, consult the applicable privacy policies for those services.
Your Responsibilities; Proper Use
You must have a wireless-enabled device to connect to this Wi-Fi. We will assign you an IP address each time you access this Wi-Fi and record the MAC address associated with your device. You may not program any other IP or MAC address into your device that accesses this Wi-Fi.
You may not use this Wi-Fi for improper activities. Examples of improper activities include, without limitation:
- modifying, adapting, translating, or reverse engineering any portion of this Wi-Fi;
- reselling, renting, sharing or distributing any aspect of this Wi-Fi;
- attempting to break security, access, tamper with or use any unauthorized parts of this Wi-Fi or any third party devices, accounts, equipment or networks;
- removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on this Wi-Fi;
- attempting to collect or maintain any information about other users of this Wi-Fi (including usernames and/or email addresses) or other third parties for unauthorized purposes;
- logging onto this Wi-Fi under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- creating or transmitting unwanted electronic communications such as "spam”;
- using this Wi-Fi to transfer technology, software or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations;
- transmitting content that falsely expresses or implies that it is sponsored or endorsed by Verizon, that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party, or that is defamatory, unlawful or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- transmitting any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- using this Wi-Fi to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials; or
- using this Wi-Fi for any unlawful, harassing, abusive, criminal or fraudulent purpose.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of this Wi-Fi, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice. Upon any such termination, any and all rights granted by Verizon to you will terminate.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT (A) THIS WIFI WILL NOT BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, (B) THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE COVERAGE, SPEED OR QUALITY OF THIS WIFI, (C) VERIZON HAS NO CONTROL OVER THIRD PARTY NETWORKS OR SITES YOU MAY ACCESS IN THE COURSE OF YOUR USE OF THIS WIFI, AND (D) YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THIS WIFI AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances will we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Verizon from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to any breach of these Terms and/or your use of this Wi-Fi, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, Verizon will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. You and Verizon agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within New York, New York to resolve any legal matter arising from these Terms or this Wi-Fi. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by Verizon.
Effective Date: February 9, 2018