Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
A letter to the V Team from Kyle as posted on the Inside Verizon LinkedIn page.
I don’t know about you, but the announcement Hans just made on stage during the Apple keynote has got me pretty pumped up. It’s another historic day for Verizon.
We just ushered in a new era in mobile technology with the launch of Nationwide 5G as well as the evolution and expansion of 5G Ultra Wideband. Our 5G network just got bigger, faster and better. Here’s how:
- We lit up 5G Ultra Wideband in 19 new cities, 19 stadiums and arenas, and 6 airports
- That makes a total of 55 UW cities, 43 stadiums and arenas and 7 airports so far, with 60 cities by the end of the year
- Doubled UW download speeds to up to 4Gbps
- And launched a nationwide 5G service for 200 million people in more than 1800 cities
That’s a lot for one day. In reality, it’s what our V Team has been building for years.
It’s no coincidence that the very best companies in the world are partnering with us. Apple, The National Football League (NFL), The New York Times, Riot Games, AWS, IBM, Microsoft, Disney...the list goes on. Everyone wants to be part of what we’re building.
This is one more example of why I consider our V Team to be the very best in the world. We don’t just put a 5G icon on a phone – we build networks right – for the best partners in the world, so they can take advantage of all the life enhancing things it can do. We will continue to push the limits of 5G.
Today, on the stage at Apple, we took a huge leap forward. We partnered with Apple to launch the first 5G iPhone ever, so every new iPhone owner can enjoy experiences that take advantage of the power and performance of Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband and Nationwide 5G coverage. We now have over 25 5G-capable devices available to our customers - whether they’re on iOS or Android.
We were first in the world to 5G and we have never looked back. And the best part is, we’re just getting started. We’re building the 5G network infrastructure to take us through the 21st century. It’s going to be a fun ride.
PS: Catch me later today on Up To Speed Live at 3 PM ET, to hear more.
- Fastest 5G Network in the World just got bigger and better
- Celebrating the launch of a 5G milestone.
- The 5G Frontier - Our latest ad featuring V Teamer, Arleny Valle.
- A new era for iPhone with 5G, Verizon to offer iPhone 12 lineup, with orders starting on October 16
- 5G Just Got Real - Our latest ad featuring a special celebrity.