Code of Conduct
As our Credo states: We believe integrity is at the core of who we are. This belief governs every aspect of how we run our business, from how our Board of Directors operates to our engagement with stakeholders.
We monitor conflicts of interest and require Verizon Code of Conduct training to safeguard the integrity of our business.
We maintain a comprehensive ethics and compliance program that’s built on our Verizon Code of Conduct and includes ongoing educational communications, mandatory training and readily accessible tools. The Verizon Code of Conduct defines how we work. It establishes a set of guidelines aligned with the principles in our Verizon Credo and our Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Performance Excellence and Accountability. The Code helps V Teamers make sound job-related decisions that strengthen our culture of integrity.
Compliance with the Code and applicable laws and regulations is expected wherever V Teamers conduct business on behalf of Verizon. All employees must complete required Code training and apply its principles in their work. The Code outlines ethical and legal expectations in a number of areas, including:
- Maintaining an inclusive, fair and healthy work environment
- Maintaining integrity and fairness in the workplace
- Protecting Verizon’s assets and reputation
- Maintaining integrity and fairness in the marketplace
We also continue to share additional compliance and ethics-related communications with V Teamers, including training on privacy and information security for all employees.
Verizon’s leadership team and Supply Chain Services organization are required to regularly complete a Conflict-of-Interest Questionnaire. All of the Verizon leadership team, as well as targeted populations in the supply chain, wireless indirect channel, wireless retail sales, and wireless network organizations, received a Conflict-of-Interest Questionnaire in 2017.
All V Teamers are encouraged to raise questions, report concerns and acquire any additional needed information about our ethics standards. V Teamers are provided with a suite of resources to help them fulfill our commitment to integrity, including:
- The VZ Compliance Guideline, available 24 hours a day at 844-VZGUIDE or 844-894-8433 in the U.S. and at (+) 800-0-624-0007 outside the U.S., online at www.verizonguideline.com; and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Our Security Control Center, operated by our global security organization, which team members can reach 24 hours a day at 800-997-3287 in the U.S. and at 972-615-4343 outside the U.S. to report or inquire about issues ranging from international cybersecurity to legal compliance;
- Our Reporting/Inquiry Channel for accounting matters, managed by our Internal Audit group, which can be reached at email@example.com (or through the VZ Compliance Guideline); and
- Our Environmental and Safety Hotline, for reporting emergencies, arranging for waste disposal or getting on-site help from the company’s environmental and safety specialists, available at 800-386-9639 (both in and outside of the U.S.).