Our pay and benefits package includes competitive base pay, incentives and a robust 401(k) savings plan that matches 6% of eligible pay. We provide high-quality comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability coverage to our employees. Under our paid-time-off policy, V Teamers receive up to eight paid company holidays, up to six paid personal days, and beginning January 1, 2020, depending on years of service, three to six weeks of paid vacation.
Verizon’s Parental Leave benefit provides eligible employees up to eight weeks of leave, paid at 100% of base pay, to bond with a newborn or adopted (new to family) child with eligibility beginning on their first day of employment.
Health and wellness
Our V Team’s health, wellness and safety are among our top priorities, and Verizon provides comprehensive resources that help V Team members and their families succeed in life.
High-quality, affordable coverage
- Medical, dental and vision care.
- Disability and insurance programs.
Mental health and emotional wellness programs
- Verizon’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP), available every day around the clock.
- The Resilience Toolbox, with resources for managers and colleagues to support teammates who may be struggling with challenges at work or home.
In 2019, Verizon invested $2.6 billion to provide healthcare benefits and services to our employees and eligible retirees.
Be Well, Work Well programs
- Free health screenings for cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and body mass index.
- Free flu shots.
- On-site mammography screenings.
- WellConnect portal, a source of information on preventive care, tobacco cessation, physical activity, nutrition, mobile tools, wearable devices and much more.
- My Health Vault, a personalized tool that lets employees check their personalized Health Assessment score, Health Screening results and Lifestyle Incentive Tracker to keep abreast of their health status.
- Free one-on-one sessions with a certified health coach from WebMD to create an achievable health plan to reach their goals.
- Coach-led personal training or group training sessions.
- Local charity and community run/walk events and corporate classic events coordinated by the health and wellness teams.