Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
How to use Backup Assistant
Verify your device is compatible
- Smartphones and tablets: Search for "Backup Assistant" in the app store on your device (e.g., Google Play™, Windows® Phone Store, etc.).
- If Verizon Cloud appears in the search results, follow the onscreen prompts to open or download Verizon Cloud. Refer to our Verizon Cloud FAQs and How to use Verizon Cloud page for information on how to use it to back up and transfer your contacts.
- If Backup Assistant or Backup Assistant Plus appears in the search results, your device is compatible. Follow the onscreen prompts to open or download the app.
- If neither Backup Assistant nor Verizon Cloud appears in the search results, refer to our Contact Transfer Center to learn how to transfer contacts to your new device.
- Basic phones: Open Verizon Apps or the Media Center on your basic phone. If Cloud is listed, refer to our Verizon Cloud FAQs and How to use Verizon Cloud page for information on how to use it. If Backup Assistant is listed, follow the steps below to install and use Backup Assistant.
Many compatible devices come with Backup AssistantSM already installed. To verify if your device is compatible:
Install Backup Assistant on a basic phone
- From the main menu, select Media Center.
Note: If you have Media Store on your device instead of Media Center, the steps to download Backup Assistant will be similar.
- Select Browse & Download.
- Select Backup Assistant.
Note: If you don't see Backup Assistant, select Get New Applications, scroll to Backup Assistant in the app catalog, and select OK.
- Select OK.
Backup Assistant comes already installed on many basic phones. To locate or download Backup Assistant on your basic phone:
Backup Assistant will open if it’s already on your phone. If your phone starts downloading Backup Assistant, select Yes to run the app when the download completes.
Back up contacts
- Open the Backup Assistant app on your device.
- Select Backup Now.
- Open the Backup Assistant app on your device.
- Select Options.
- Select Schedule or Recurring Sync.
- Select one of the time options:
- Late Night
These are general instructions for backing up your contacts on your compatible device. To find instructions for a specific device, enter your device name and backup assistant (e.g., "htc one backup assistant") in the Search box in the top right corner of this web page. Instructions for your device will appear in the search results if they're available.
Perform a manual backup
You've successfully performed a manual backup.
Schedule daily recurring backups
You've successfully set up recurring backups. Backups will only occur if there have been changes to your device’s contacts since your last backup.
- You backed up your contacts with Backup Assistant on your previous device.
- Your new device is compatible with Backup Assistant.
- Back up your contacts on your previous device with Backup Assistant, if you haven't already.
- Open Backup Assistant on your new device.
Note: You may need to install Backup Assistant if it isn't already on your device. If your device is compatible with Verizon Cloud, you can restore your contacts with Verizon Cloud.
- Enter your PIN when asked, and select OK or Restore.
These are general instructions for restoring contacts to a new device. To find instructions for a specific device, enter your device name and backup assistant (e.g., "htc one backup assistant") in the Search box in the top right corner of this web page. Instructions for your device will appear in the search results if they're available.
Note: You can only restore contacts to your new device with Backup Assistant if all the following apply:
To restore contacts:
Your new device will sync with the Backup Assistant server. Any contacts on the server will transfer to your device, and any new contacts on your device will be backed up to the server.
Manage your contacts online
Troubleshoot Backup Assistant
- Groups / Category
- SMS Ringer
- Picture ID
- Speed Dial
- Voice Dial
The information below is general troubleshooting. For troubleshooting specific to a device, you can refer to the Community forum. This is a helpful place to find solutions or post your own questions.
Address book field issues
While most address book fields are supported by Backup Assistant, there are some address book fields and settings that aren't. The following fields and settings aren't supported because there's no app read or write access, and they won't be backed up with Backup Assistant:
If you do a restore of your contacts, the backed up fields will be synced to your device and all the non-supported fields above will be empty. You'll need to re-enter these for each contact.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.