5 Reasons Verizon Is a Great Company for Latinas
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
Verizon has been ranked No. 2 on the LATINA Style Inc. 50 Best Companies for Latinas to Work for in the U.S. list. That’s a jump from No. 7 last year and the 12th consecutive year Verizon has been named to this exclusive group. So what makes Verizon such a great company for Latinas? Here are five reasons:
- Leadership. Some of the most important leadership roles at Verizon are held by Latinas including several regional presidents and our Chief Talent and Diversity Officer. These women directly shape the experience that millions of our customers have with Verizon’s products and services, as well as the culture that helps make us the best in our industry.
- Partnerships. Having the significant Hispanic talent that Verizon has does not happen without hard work and help from our partners. We work closely with the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), National Academy Foundation (NAF), Great Minds in STEM, University of Puerto Rico and others to recruit top Hispanic talent, and to encourage the pursuit of higher education in STEM fields among younger students.
- Employee Resource Groups. Verizon’s Hispanic Support Organization employee resource group helps us not only attract and retain talent, but helps Latina and Latino employees with networking, mentoring, professional development, community service and other opportunities.
- Investment. We often say that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a competitive advantage for us. The same is true of the suppliers we do business with. Few companies invest like Verizon does with diverse suppliers. We spend billions of dollars annually with minority-, female-, veteran- and service-disabled-veteran-owned businesses including several hundred million dollars with Hispanic-owned companies.
- Development Programs. When we hire top Hispanic or any talent, Verizon provides many resources to develop and prepare them for future leadership roles. The Verizon Leadership University provides employees across the enterprise many different programs to help enhance their leadership capabilities.
Verizon is a great place to work for Latinas and anyone looking to help change the world through innovative technology.