Jump-start the season of giving.
A monthly round-up of volunteer events in November, including opportunities to honor our veterans and military community.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
Nearly one year ago, we launched an employee movement around #ForwardTogether, with the goal of reaching 2.5 million volunteer hours by 2025.
November is the start of the season of giving where we take time to show our gratitude and come together with our friends and loved ones.
With your help, we also want to make this the season of doing. In a time when many may feel the weight and fatigue of the holiday season in a more profound way, by volunteering we can inspire the community that we are in this together.
Below is a list of opportunities from our ERGs, Volunteer Champions and non profit partners, where you can make a difference today.
Veteran’s Day: November 11
Team building opportunity: Join VALOR, our military and veterans employee resource group, leading up to and on Veteran’s Day by taking a walk in support of the Wounded Warrior Project and write a letter to wounded, ill, and injured service members. Coordinate with your team members and get your family involved to honor those who have served. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Become a peer counselor with the Objective Zero Foundation and offer a lifeline of support to the military community. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Help U.S. Special Operations Forces navigate career transitions through mock interviews with the Honor Foundation. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Partner with United for the Troops by sending thank you cards to isolated veterans in local VA hospitals and homes. Get your kids to help! Verizon I Verizon Media
- Calling Spanish-speaking V Teamers: Help young girls master digital marketing and add valuable skills for jobs of the future. Verizon I Verizon Media
- As women exit the workforce at an alarming rate, help girls prepare for an increasingly digital economy through virtual coaching and interviews. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Provide valuable exposure to female role models and training to young women across Ethiopia. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Small business owners continue to feel the full weight of COVID-19. You can provide support and skills through MicroMentor. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Play games and report how you feel to track the evolution of mental health issues and dementia over time. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Create a video letter to offer comfort and connectivity for older adults feeling isolated this holiday season. Make it a family video! Verizon I Verizon Media
- Reach out to someone in need of support and kindness by creating cards with Compeer. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Help those unemployed break into the tech sector by interviewing them for a prestigious program. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Join fellow Verizon volunteers around the world to pick up trash in their local communities. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Pledge with NAV of Verizon and take action on America Recycles Day. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Learn about Indigenous conservation strategies and protect Indigenous knowledge and ecosystems. Verizon I Verizon Media
- Learn alongside the Green Team in a workshop on how to grow your own food. Verizon I Verizon Media
Take action together.
Participating in the above events contributes to our goal of 2.5 million volunteer hours by 2025. It’s part of Citizen Verizon, our responsible business plan to address the most pressing societal issues. The world is changing, but we can make sure it changes for the better.