Making an impact during Black History Month.
Ways to celebrate Black History Month through volunteerism.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
Now more than ever, we have a global demand for racial and social justice. We recognize that our network of people — the V Team — has the potential to build a more connected and equitable world. As we channel our pride for progress and continue the march forward by helping others, this is the perfect opportunity to continue efforts towards racial equality while learning and celebrating Black History.
Throughout the month of February, we will honor the rich history of Black people across the world. In addition to merely recognizing Black History, we must bring it to the surface for others to learn it as well. We invite you to join all of the events that Verizon has planned to honor Black History Month, and those who have paved the way for this movement to be more than a moment.
Transcribing history, attending and hosting informational webinars, tutoring students, coaching black-owned small businesses, and sharing stories are just a few ways to make sure that history is not only celebrated and preserved, but that we are setting the stage for history to be made in a more equitable world.
Click an event link below to sign up and volunteer
- Providing valuable coaching and support to these struggling business owners as they innovate their business with new technology. Become a digital marketing mentor to a small business owner affected by Covid-19. | Verizon Media Link
- Create more avenues for open and honest conversations about racial justice, police violence, and anti-Blackness in your families and communities. Have Open Conversations about Race | Verizon Media Link
- BOLD and Prism are partnering with the National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition as part of the Black and Pride courageous conversation series in an effort to raise awareness and provide much needed aid overcoming violence and injustice in the world. Provide Critical Health & Wellness Items to Black Trans Community. | Verizon Media Link
- Your transcriptions will make it possible for people with low or no vision who use screen readers to access these documents, and improve the research experience of patrons, students, and researchers all over the world. Transcribe the History of Those who Fought for Suffrage and Abolition | Verizon Media Link
- Participate as a panelist providing students the opportunity to develop their professional skills and network with successful professionals. This Diversity Org virtual event will engage 200+ low-income minority students. Support Minority Students as a Career Exposure Panelist | Verizon Media Link
We are more powerful when we stand united in our commitment to equality for all. We have the tools we need to be the change we want to see in the world. Let's champion that change as one team, the V Team.
How has volunteering impacted your life? Have a volunteer story you want to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org